cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Day 38 and going MIA for a couple days

I can't quite believe it myself, but I'm on day 38 of my quit. 

For the other newer quitters like me, here's what's working:

Not one puff ever.

Smoking is not an option.

EX and the Cold Turkey group on Facebook

Family support.

Cinnamon sticks. 

Water.

Walking.

Sleep.

Building on my successes.

I'm sure there are other things, but those are the highlights.

Just a reminder, though, I'm going to be offline tomorrow and maybe a couple days due to a quickie surgery on my thumb (the space bar thumb!). Know that I will not be smoking under any circumstances. 

Donna

12 Replies
sweetplt

Take care of you and that beautiful quit Donna.  Good luck on surgery.  God Speed...you will be in my thoughts Colleen

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Best wishes and a speedy recovery  DonnaMarie 

roses-desi-glitters-59.gif

Hugs Kim

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your 38 days.  Hope all goes well with your surgery.  Let us know how you are when your able.

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

Soon as I can type, I'll be back. I know they want me to move my

fingers/thumb, but gonna play it by ear. What I won't do is smoke!

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 12:34 PM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

maryfreecig

Thanks for the heads up. High five on 38. See you soon.

0 Kudos
Strudel

I love your attitude and your list! Congrats on your quit! Best wishes on the surgery! 

0 Kudos
elvan

We'll be thinking of you, saying prayers for a quick recovery.

Ellen

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

It's now day 40 and I'm doing better than I could have ever expected post surgery. 

My career has included keyboard work for 35ish years. Several years ago, I had carpal tunnel release and a trigger finger release. Yesterday, I had thumb trigger release on the right and steroids injected into two fingers on my left hand. Today, I'm about 90% healed and slept without pain in my hands for the first time in eons last night (albeit, I did get up way too early!). I have one hand therapy visit on Monday, then follow up with the physician, and this chapter is done.

I'm so happy that we live in a time when we can fix most of what we break. My surgeon had replaced someone's knuckle before he did my surgery. A knuckle! I have new knees, so I guess a knuckle is like a mini-knee? LOL Anyway, I think it's amazing.

When the anesthesiologist was talking to me, he asked if I smoked and I was able to say no. It felt amazing.

In a few months, I'll have the two fingers on my left hand repaired. For today, I don't smoke and I have happy hands. 

Barbscloud

Glad you're doing well.  I have a trigger finger, is that the same thing?  They injected cortisone into my palm a couple of months ago. It was so painful. Don't think it's fixed.  Still locks occasionally, but not as often. I'm going to finish my dental surgery before I even think about doing anything about it.  Thanks for the update.

Barb

0 Kudos