Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

EXProductMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

Music for your quit

Music can be so powerful. It can lift us up when we're feeling down, or take us back to a certain point in time, remind us of a special person, or make us feel connected to others.

Do any of you listen to music when cravings come up -- any specific songs keep you on track? Was any song particularly meaningful during the early part of your quit? 

I'd love to hear it! Let's get a thread going of what music gets - or keeps - you going!

Megan, Product Lead for EX
4 Replies
CrazyQuitter

I listen to just about anything and music was the one thing that also helped me out when I  was quitting. My main favorite genres are metal, rock, all types of EDM. If I really wanna get laid back I listen to chill out and synthwave. I am very open to different sounds despite my gothic rock and roll attire! 

Barbscloud

Listen to music all the time, so I can't say it changed when I quit.  Like different genres.  I was listening to Roy Ayers, Stanley Clark and Bobby Caldwell on Sunday.  Just depends on my mood.  

Barb

Maki

No doubt in my mind music helped my quit . Listening to it , playing it , singing it , and even writing a couple

no hits lol , just for fun . Busy mind = no thoughts of smoking . 

It depended upon the day or the mood maybe when I quit smoking and  I did play more upbeat rhythms the early days and loud !  

No particular songs or genre helped my quit more than the other . I am very open to most genres of music so I have a mixed bag in my library that I play . Have my kids librairies  too ..they also play great music