cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonnie

Issue with Replies/Comments

@Mark (you still aren't on my list of people I can choose when I use @).  When I make a comment on someone's comment on a blog, then want to make a comment on the blog itself, the software program puts my second comment underneath the person's comment that I made my first comment on. Example:  "Anniversary" by squeela112. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bonnie

The @Mentioning issue that members are experiencing should be improved by the end of the month I'm told.  I don't know on the exact date of the update.

RE: your issue.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Squeela112/blog/2019/01/22/anniversary I looked at this post. Can you make two comments for me?

First reply by clicking the Add comment button in the blue box. Put the words: Reply to root post.

Then click the Reply link in the orange oval. Put the words "Reply to comment.

Please do this from the<span style="color: #2989c5;"><span style="background-image: url('text-decoration: none; padding: 0p... blog.

pastedImage_2.png

I would also like to know if you were in your inbox replying or if you were on the actual post?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

test reply from inbox to self (comment1)

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

ok when I  try to reply  it has the button to reply but as a ghost of the otherbcommentright on top

0 Kudos

jconfusion

Bonnie's issue above seems like a different issue than you described in /blogs/jconfusion-blog/2019/01/31/so-there-is-something-wrong-with-this-site-ive-had-to-try  and above, correct? For my sanity please keep it to one issue per question/discussion. Thanks!

I tested Bonnie's and it appears all comments are put in the correct place based on the button that is pushed.

To answer your question:

When you have already clicked a button to reply and it places a text box at the bottom of the page it disables the buttons on the page so you can't put a second reply button. So if you see this scroll down to the bottom and see if a text box is ready and waiting for a response.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark, I might have been in my inbox replying...I don't know.  Seems to work now...

0 Kudos

Excellent Bonnie‌. Please let me know if you have any other issues. 

Also you can @mention me by typing in @"mark"  Seems to work better for people who came over from the previous community platform to this one.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark‌  yep, the "mark" fix works, thanks!  But how 'come I can't seem to edit my comments anymore?  Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Bonnie wrote:

But how 'come I can't seem to edit my comments anymore?  Any ideas?

Are you in the inbox or in the actual post?  Generally you can't do much in the "actions" menu while in the Inbox but if you are in the actual post then the individual comment should have an actions menu in lower left which should have an edit option.

Like this: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/160125-re-issue-with-repliescomments?commentID=160125&et=...  link. Click it to edit your comment.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

I figured that out after a good night's sleep   Thanks, Mark!

0 Kudos