cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sweetplt

How does one know?

On Day 49 of Freedom, which cigarette through the years is the one that will kill me or make me sick?  

That old excuse, one won’t kill or how about we will die over something...how about being sick a long time...your loved one’s watching you suffer etc., 

I have thought much on these questions the last week or so, since being in “No man’s Land” due to some troubling things going on in my life.  I wouldn’t smoke, but I wanted to at times, this site am so many here helped me so much.  But I kept telling myself a cigarette would not help one of the bad situations.  I prayed for a sign and I got it, a back ache in my lung area and using my nebulizer, a reminder of all the years I smoked.  If you are not feeling the effects of smoking and still are smoking, quit .. it will happen ... I am 54 years old and I felt the symptoms long ago (small one’s but ones that were there and I could lie to whom? Myself) 

This is my third quit and on 49 days Free...this is good but lost a quit after more days then that...I refuse to lose this one, 

With those thoughts I am off to walk and get those lungs going and know it is our choice to smoke or not.

And Today

I choose not to smoke.  Gotcha all on my walk. Colleen aka sweetp

11 Replies
YoungAtHeart

And we gotcha' right back!  Get those arms a-swinging.  Feel that air going in and out - hoping it is getting freer to do so! 

This CAN be your forever quit.  Make it so!

Nancy

Barb102

You got this. We are here to support you!79789C18-4CD0-4183-AFD6-2825ACCC069D.gif

Barbscloud

You're doing great.  You're so positive about your quit and in your support of others.  This is the one!

Barb

Giulia

Walkin' with you!

cool cat GIF by Tim

maryfreecig

Happy 49! Great blog about facing the realities of smoking!

elvan

Woohoo, the big 50 tomorrow, halfway to the Triple Digit Club!  I really think you are doing a GREAT job!

Ellen

indingrl

I am so happy for you Colleen and very proud of you! WAY TO GO!!!

Deena-A-Yenni

Congratulations and Bravo on your quit!!  LOVE that your taking a walk.  So many great properties all the way around.

Strudel

You sound determined and that is exactly what you need! Congrats to you on 49 days - and early congrats on that beautiful number 50!