cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pawr

Weathering the storm

Okay, so today starts week eight and I'm still working this a day, and sometimes a minute  at a time. 

The weather here is so cold the birds are using my heated birdbath as a hot tub. I will not be out in my garage or standing outside to have a cigarette. There's no telling myself I want a cigarette today for the "enjoyment" . Smokers outside today are addicted and I am hopeful that my resolve,  and the weather,  will be enough for me to get through another 24. God Bless, stay warm!

4 Replies
sweetplt

Keep it here and hang on...You are doing super,   Almost 8 weeks quit, you are doing it.  Like many here including me, you are experiencing No Mans Land...Time to work on making new resolves for different craves you are having now different from the first week quit. 

You are helping others here which is great, maybe do something that will make you laugh (watch a comedy, clean out the oven , etc., and remember this “too shall pass”. 

Gotcha in my thoughts ...sending hang on vibes to you along with me.  Colleen aka sweetp

Barbscloud

That's great.  Eight weeks is quite an accomplishment and something to celebrate.   You're right, one day at a time is the only way to do this.   

Barb

314 DOF

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

In case you missed the memo, here is some information about the portion of the journey you are traveling:  No Mans Land Days 30 to 130 (approximate).

Remember to use the tools you found useful early in your quit, and if a bad crave does hit, know that it, too, will pass.  This part of the journey WILL end - and then you will realize one afternoon that you had not thought of smoking at all that morning.  It WILL happen - I promise.

Hang in there!

Nancy

elvan

We are all addicts and we are all on a journey to freedom...I will not tell you that it is easy because that has not been my experience but I WILL tell you that every day, every hour, every minute that you get through smoke free...make you stronger and make your recovery stronger.  Think of your recovery as a seed that you planted in some potting soil and think of how that seed germinated and grew and continues to grow, how it branches out and forms new configurations.  That's what our quits are doing, they are branching out and we feel some growing pains at times.  There will come a time when you realize that you just experienced something that would have most definitely have been a time when you smoked...but you DIDN'T.  You took a deep breath and kept walking or you never even paid the experience any mind.  I remember walking out of work after having a particularly challenging time that was related to a coworker who was not doing her job.  When I got into the car, I realized that it had never occurred to me to have a cigarette...it had never even crossed my mind.  It was THEN that I realized how far I had come and how much I had grown.  After that, I began to notice more and more times when I did not even consider smoking, more and more times when I went right through something without thinking of smoking.  Those days add up, after a while, you realize that you have quite a stack of them and your quit is getting stronger and stronger.  Your quit plant may need more sunlight sometimes, it may need to be re-potted because it has grown so much, it is your job to care for it and to know that EX is like MiracleGro for your quit.  If its leaves are wilting, pay attention, figure out what it needs.  Know that you can grow it and while we can help you, we cannot grow it for you because we don't have exactly what it needs but YOU do.  No Man's Land can be a challenge but think of it as a time when your plant needs your attention more than ever.  Don't fight your craves...recognize them and try to figure out why they are there, step over them or add a little more potting soil to the pot, maybe it needs more sunlight or MiracleGro, this site cannot kill your plant because you gave it too much.  Remember that we are here and that we care and want your quit to grow into a strong and vibrant plant that is admired by everyone, particularly those who are just planting their seed.  Congratulation on starting week eight.  You have come a LONG ways.  I think my plant has grown into a vine that twists and turns and grabs ahold of all kinds of things as it keeps growing.

Ellen