cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Mini Celebration

Today is 35 days smoke free for me. One of the things I do is post a graphic with a number on it on Twitter every day with #QuitSmoking #ColdTurkey as the hashtags. I'm not sure why, but it has become a ritual. Today, I realized I was running out of graphics with numbers printed on them. I had them through 42 already made. And then it it me that today was day 35, which is pretty damned impressive!

What's gotten me this far? First of all, not allowing smoking to be an option. Cinnamon sticks, naps, water, walking, being bitchy, being silly, family support, Twitter support, and EX support. Another thing that has moved me forward through the quit is hoping to be a model for others. If I can make it 35 days, so can you. 

I celebrate with all of you. Every milestone that is reached, from an hour to years, is huge. I think I'mma go have a celebratory walk before it gets cold here.

Thanks go everyone who has been a part of my quit and that means all of you.

11 Replies
YoungAtHeart

35 - do a JIVE!

indingrl

CONGRATS ON 35 NICOTINE FREE DAYS AND GOOD JOB DONNA! 

beazel

Why to go!!! You made my day - Great attitude!!!!! Emoticons Happy Emoticons

Barbscloud

Congrats on  your fabulous 35 days.   Every day without smoking deserves a celebration.

sweetplt

Whoo Hoo to 35 days of Freedom ... !

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Fantastic, DonnaMarie!!!  Congratulations.

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations DonnaMarie‌ that's awesome.  I used to write down the number of days I had at the end of the day when I did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen.  There was something about that ritual that I found very comforting and kind of like pledging even it if was just to myself.  

You are doing GREAT...now you have to come up with more graphics, THAT will give you something to do.

Ellen

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

Update later in the day - it rained on my walk, so I went to Joann and looked at fabric. That's one of my diversions - sewing. 

I celebrate every day, every hour, every minute. I adore not smelling like I smoke anymore. I appreciate the elders who have been nonsmokers for so long now! 

A quick head's up, I'm having my thumb sliced and diced on Thursday (this is a good thing) and am not sure if I'm going to be typing much for a day or two, so if I disappear, I pledge right now to not even think about smoking while I'm recuperating.

Day 35 is just about over. I had a major bitchy hour that was really caused by nothing at all. Damned cig addiction! 

elvan

Uh, WHY are you having your thumb and diced?  

0 Kudos