cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

Where Do We Go?

Ok, I know we've been using this new 'format' (for the lack of a better word) for a long while now but I am still learning   Where  do we go just to say hi?  It used to be to their message boards, right?  "Hi, Ellen, I see you!!"  But now?  I have to go to 'message' and then find the correct person to send it to, right?  Is there an easier way?  I need easy

15 Replies
elvan

Click on a user's avatar and you will go to their "page"...you can select to send a direct message under the drop down menu on the right side of the page that says "Actions".  That keeps the message between you and the person it was sent to, it's no longer like the message boards where everyone could see things.  

Hope that helps. I know the needing easy thing...

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Or you can go to the member directory, and type in the name filter.  Once the name appears you can hover overthe name and the profile box appears  on the bottom of profile box you will see follow/message click message

0 Kudos
Sootie

You're right----there is not easier or simpler way than messaging.........it's one thing I don't like. But-----change is LIFE!

I wish you were thinking of coming to EX 7 in VA Beach. I would love to meet you in person!!!!!!!

SimplySheri

While I would love to, Jake has summer band things that come way before me going on vacation      I try to be fiscally responsible!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Nope, no message board, no easy way to just say Hi.  You can only do so on one of their blogs/discussions/comments, or in a PM as spoken of above.  Although the easiest way to contact someone is to just hover over their avatar and then click on Message when the pop up occurs.  But then it's a PM not seen by anybody else.  Part of the joy of message boards was that we could all see if someone went to someone's page and what they said and if there was a problem we could all chime in.  Personal Messages are personal and thus don't afford that beautiful open community viewing.

0 Kudos

I miss having my Home Page with all of the messages of support, encouragement and cheer! It really did feel like "home!" JoAnne helped me learn how to decorate it and although we can still change our banners here it's just not the same. *sigh*

SimplySheri

I miss JoAnne's beautiful page!! Actually, I miss her beautiful presence.  Your page was filled with important information.  It was good.

0 Kudos

I was able to put the content of my page in my profile as featured content.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6040-my-welcome-to-new-members-10-years-of-wisdom- 

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

That is totally cool!!  

0 Kudos