cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kristih78

Almost 1 year

So excited to have my 1 year anniversary of not smoking coming up here soon, it's an amazing accomplishment.  Smoking took over my life ,I was constantly asking myself ,do I have ciggerette,  where is the closest store, can I smoke in this person or that persons car, maybe I shouldn't go for this or that trip because I cant smoke ??????? My life revolved around ciggerettes, it was a evil circle that never ended until feburary 15th 2018, the day I decided it was enough. My entire family were smokers ,mom dad ,sisters , my grown kids and my partner in life . We all smoked!!!!  Most of my family members have quit smoking along with me so it's made a big difference. It wasnt always easy.  I was emotionally tired ,I gained 50 pounds, I was depressed and upset but decided that I needed to do something, so 6 months ago I joined the ketogenic community I'm now a ketoer, I have lost 23 pounds and focusing on losing weight . I can breath better,no more squeaky breathing,  I can taste better, my BP has gone back to normal ,my pulse went from 115 to a 67. I no longer worry about what ciggerettes are doing to my body ,I have less of chance of heart attack and stroke , I know I reduced my chances of cancer and blood clots.  I do not have cravings any longer and my life is back on track. Congrats to all who have embarked on this journey ,its gonna be a bumpy ride but it will also be an amazing one!!!!!!

13 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on your one year anniversary.  Thanks for sharing your success story.  

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Wow!!  What a wonderful post and inspiring story   I hope you celebrate you!!  Big, big congrats and may you have a lifetime of smoke free living!!

0 Kudos
elvan

How lovely to hear from you and congratulations on your impending anniversary.  That one year mark is HUGE...it will mean that you are one of the 6% of people who made it to a year!  So happy for you and what an inspiring journey you are on.

Ellen

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Quitting smoking is often the catalyst for other changes in our lives.  Happy to read of yours!

An early CONGRATS!  Be sure to stop back in February to pick up your symbolic golden key to the 6% Club!

Nancy

DonnaMarie

What's the 6% club? 

0 Kudos
elvan

The 6% Club represents the 6% of people who quit who actually make it to a year.  It's a rather alarming figure when you first hear it, BUT, the closer you get to that anniversary, the more you begin to appreciate how far you have come and you are less likely to relapse. The percentages change as you get to two years and beyond.  It's a serious observation of what an enormous journey this is.  Check out the Elder's list.../blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016 

Ellen

anaussiemom

ladybug-smiley-emoticon.gif

That is outstanding!!! Amazing job Kristih78

Mandolinrain

Beautiful! Congrats on one year

DonnaMarie

Such a beautiful post to read. The benefits of being a nonsmoker spelled our like that are encouraging to those of us not quite so far in our smobriety. Congratulations on your year!