cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

TLB66

Getting started

How do i navigate the community area? Need to build up a support system cause lacking in my home. Thank you.

Tags (1)
14 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Welcome!

You have already figured out one of the most important parts of our community - how to post a blog.  You might next tell us a bit about yourself which might include why you want to quit, how long you have smoked, if you have set a quit date and anything else about yourself you care to share.  To help with navigating around, here is a blog written by one of our members when we migrated to this platform from another:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/community-help/blog/2017/02/14/ex-to-ex-instructions.  You can also just click on stuff and read what you find!  You might also check out "My Quit Plan" (upper right).  Here is a blog I wrote with links to lots of good information to help you understand this process:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17060-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-too.

I'm glad you are here!  Get settled in, read all you can, and get active in the community.  We can  help you have a successful quit!

Nancy

TLB66

Wow, lots of helpful info! Thank you!

Where would i post additional info about myself? I've never blogged or been in a group setting so this is a bit confusing. I tend to want to know everything NOW which is a character fault i continue to work on to keep stress levels down 

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Smiley-20Hello.gifsign-guestbook-animated.gif

TLB66

How did u get those picts on here? Fun n thank you!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome 

You came to a great place to Quit smoking.  I found going to Getting started from the home page is a good place to start.   It made the first big step, coming here to quit smoking.

TLB66

I am going step by step best i can to understand this and be able to join in with y'all. Thank you for info and kind welcome n support!

0 Kudos
Giulia

If you put up blogs or conversations, we'll see them and respond.  Status updates tend to get lost by the wayside.  I recommend going to the Home page and check out the material in Best of Ex and "Read the Latest Updates."  As with our quits, we each have our own way of doing things here.  So experiment.  Look around, taste everything!  Take what you like and leave the rest.  We all have different tastes and perspectives.   But the one perspective we're all in agreement with is - getting rid of this monkey on our back.

You're not alone.  Many don't have the kind of support at home that there is here.  Some at home have smoked, so they haven't a clue as to what we're going through.  Stick with those who do.

And if you're lost, just yell.  Someone will be there to help.  Glad you've joined us.  Stick around.

TLB66

I'm so happy to hear from y'all so quickly and with such helpful guidance! I def will play with the site for few days to get more comfortable and agree to adjust to what suits me and not get overwhelmed by it. Thanks much! And yes, I plan on sticking around