cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sweetplt

Feeling weak on Day 44 Quit

Hi Everyone 

Today is day 44 of Freedom from cigarettes.  I am finding craves so bad, yesterday and today.  Why so strong?

I feel like the first day quit.  I am doing so much on my list to keep busy, however I have been under stress from family issues (one of my triggers)...working through their drama and for once I am doing good with all of them.  Then,  I get off the phone and the crave comes on like a hurricane.   I am going to help out here at Ex’s to beat this feeling.  Like Ellen says, the more we help others in the journey the more it helps us get stronger.  Asking God to give me strength because the crave creeps up like a demon in the darkness.  I will get through this, I will...Colleen aka sweetp

17 Replies
YoungAtHeart

RIGHT ON SCHEDULE!

You are entering No Mans Land!  The folks on this site before us noticed a lot of relapses around the period from 2-4 months, and named this period of time.  I had my worst day around 108 when an out-of-the blue, intense crave hit me that seemed to be never-ending.  I started to think this journey would never end and was very discouraged.  Then I came here and read.  It saved my quit!  Here is a blog that details it:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

Use your tools just like you did in the early days of your quit - and don't give up.  You are almost THERE!

Hang in!

Nancy

sweetplt

Thank you so much Nancy.  You gave me this blog when I celebrated one month quit and I have been reading daily.  I am feeling a little better just from keeping myself here...and re reading much from the beginning. Time to reaffirm ... Colleen aka sweetp

SimplySheri

You are just doing beautifully     Congratulations on 44 days of smoke free living!!!  I never liked to be told that what I was going through was normal, but your feelings really are normal at this stage.  You are coping extremely well as you know your triggers, are aware of your emotions, and ask for help when you need to.  Way to own your quit!!! Be proud of yourself!! And then breathe...you've truly got this!

sweetplt

Oh Gosh Dancingthrulife you made me smile.  This is my third quit and I want it to be my last.  Just being here is helping so much...Colleen aka sweetp

0 Kudos
elvan

Colleen,

I remember the feelings you are describing...No Man's Land is real and it is best if we give ourselves a little extra tender loving care while we are there.  The strength of the craves will go down...it takes time.  Two things, one is something my husband advised me to do when my craves were coming and I didn't think they would ever leave...he is a recovering alcoholic and he told me to get down on my knees and ask God to remove the mental obsession.  He said it would not work if I did not get on my knees and that I MIGHT have to do it more than once.  I will admit that I didn't have a whole lot of faith in it but I DID it and I had to do it more than ONCE but it really DID work.  The other thing that helped me was to remind myself of what a flight attendant says when we are seated on a plane...put your OWN oxygen mask on before you attend to anyone else because you can't help anyone else if you have passed out yourself, clearly, I am paraphrasing.  I am glad you saw the "Letter to a Loved One."  It's beautiful and very helpful.

Hang in there, it really DOES get better and you are doing an amazing job of reaching out to help others...maybe, just maybe, you need to reach IN for a little while.  Offer yourself some of the loving advice and support that you are offering so generously to others.

Hugs,

Ellen

sweetplt

Thank you so much Ellen...I will try it ... and let you know how it works... you are so kind and helpful...Colleen

Barbscloud

I was looking at some of my old posts and they also hit around this time.  I think what makes it hard  is that we think we should be past feeling this way at the stage. Hey, we did the hard part by quitting, it should be easier now!   As you know that's why it's so important to stay close and remain vigilant.  Families can cause such drama and it impacts us more because they're the people we love.  You're doing so great for yourself and supporting others.  Stay on the site as much as you need right now..   We're all rooting for your success.

Barb

sweetplt

Thank you Barb...I think I realized how so new I feel in my quit and felt a bit lost.  Yours and the other comments genuinely helped.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos