cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tinalbowser

Day 2

This morning was rough. I really wanted to smoke. But I hurried up and got ready for work and left. Got my candy and pretzels in my car. That helped. Praying for a good day. I have a long day ahead. Working helps.  Peace and God bless 

20 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Yeah - got through Day WON.

Now - just get through Day Two!

0 Kudos
desiree465

Yes! Just think by this time friday the nicotine will be completely out of your system. You're doing a fantastic job. Please come on here as much as you need to. How is your other half coping?

0 Kudos
Tinalbowser

My honey is doing ok. He’s taking Zyban. But getting very irritated at stuff. But we will get through this together. We love each other very much. We have been through so much. We can do this. I feel very sick to my stomach this morning. I forgot to eat before I left home. I’ll get something before I go to my next client. I’m a certified nursing assistant. I do home care and work at a hospital as well. 

YoungAtHeart

Grumpy is to be expected.  Remember to keep your sense of humor - and remember your "key word" if you start to bicker so you can just quit it.

anaussiemom

Tinalbowser  Awesome!! 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats! Looks like you quit early. Be sure to update your quit date.  Re: How do I get my quit date to show on the community?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
elvan

CONGRATULATIONS on day two...that is awesome, it really IS going to get easier, wish I could tell you exactly when but it varies according to each one of us and our circumstances.  You are doing GREAT staying close to the site and having your snacking quit kit with you.  DO remember ice water if possible, it helped me more than I can say.  I have never been a big water drinker until now but it will help to flush the nicotine out of your body...think of it as a cleanse.  You are DOING this...as for your husband and you doing this together, I think that is amazing and I hope you can be very patient and understanding of each other...this is a journey, it has bumps and potholes but taking it one day or one step at a time...keeping it in today as they say in AA, is a great thing to help keep your focus.  I had more than one time when I had to take it a minute at a time...just get through THIS minute, Ellen, you can do it.  Deep breaths in, hold it and exhale VERY slowly.  Get some bubble juice, if you exhale too fast, you get no bubbles so it's easy to see if you are really controlling your breathing.  SEE, you have LOTS to do...BREATHE, DRINK WATER, be gentle with yourself and your husband.

Hugs,

Ellen

AnnetteMM

We call the first 7 to 10 days "Hell Week". Your first goal is get through this. The days may not be especially good, but if you don't smoke they'll be GREAT. Come here every day and let us know what's happening. Every single day you don't smoke is another day behind you. You can do this!

maryfreecig

Yeah for day 2. Keep up the great work.

0 Kudos