cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tinalbowser

Oh Happy Day!!

its a beautiful morning here in Tennessee. Me and my hubby are sitting here drinking our morning coffee.  Pondering what we will do as we drink our coffee and smoke are cigarettes ?!?!what will we do instead of smoke ? don’t know yeah I guess we better figure that out because the 14th is only a few days away ....Peace and God bless. 

13 Replies
YoungAtHeart

How about a walk when you first get up?  Then maybe spend some time reading here?  THEN your coffee (drink in a place different from where you smoked and with your OTHER hand) - or switch to tea for a bit.  Start changing up your routines now so it's not so much to do when you quit.

Believe it or not, you will feel BETTER when you stop putting that poison in your bodies.  I was just thinking the other day how much easier it is to start my day now that I don't smoke - how much faster I am ready to begin it, too.   This doesn't happen right away - but it DOES happen.

Nancy

karenjones

well, for a start, you may have to drink tea for a while, if coffee and a cigarette go ttogether.  The 14th is Monday. I wouldn't have chosen to start stopping on  a work day, but then I am a wimp and took 3 weeks off of work to deal with my de-tox. So.... you have your tool kit ready, your distractions ready, lots of fizzy water, sour candies, lot s of fruit in the house, licorice, . It is a good thing that hubby is quitting too, you can support each other. Let us know how it goes... best of luck.

Barbscloud

I changed my location, but still drank the coffee.  I only smoked outside, so I took my coffee with me.  Even in sub zero weather!   Don't know if that will work for you.  

maryfreecig

You are right to realize that you can't wait til the 14th to decide what you will do. Maybe I'm just a poophead, but it seems as if you are making happy associations with smoking. Quitting requires breaking the connection between happiness and smoking. Accomplished only one day at a time. Mornings continue to be beautiful without cigarettes. Coffee still tastes good with out cigarettes. Keep working your pre-quit.

One day at a time, yes you can.

Tinalbowser

I don’t think happy when I’m referring to smoking. Never. I’ve been working on this stop smoking for a long time. So I do not think “HAPPY “ when I refer to smoking with anything I do. I hate it. 

desiree465

I always smoked on my porch with my coffee in the mornings. So I switched to tea and drank it inside on a couch i never used before. 

Arwen

Oh gosh yes! My coffee is sitting on the sink waiting for a cigarette! LOL!  My first day today.  UGH!!!! :-{

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Good job...plan plan and plan...I gave up smoking with coffee over 10 years ago & I am here to say I love my coffee and couldn’t even imagine ever smoking with it again ... its all about changing the routine.  Enjoy your Saturday  

indingrl

Amen