cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

milesfrommo

Online MD for Chantix

Anyone ever use an online doctor to get a Chantix script?  I had a sheet of them from the last time I tried to quit, but I've used them up.  My doc wants me to make an appointment.  I don't want to wait that long.

Thanks,

Miles

Tags (1)
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Welcome!

Why not try?  Might help; can't hurt!  I also found this link for help with the cost, if you qualify:  https://www.chantix.com/support-for-taking-chantix/chantix-savings#chantix-savings-card 

Here is a link to a blog I wrote a bit ago that contains a lot of good information on this addiction:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17060-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-too  Education, planning and preparation will go a long way to helping you be successful.

Get started with the Allen Carr book - I think you will be surprised by all you don't know about how this addiction works.

Nancy

lschwierzke

I just got my script for chantix yesterday from an online dr. Lemonaidhealth.com. they are available in 40 states so you'll have to see if it's available where you are. I am in NY, within ten minutes of signing up for a consultation I had the script already called into my pharmacy. It's $25 for a consulation but I have a coupon code for $10 (I don't know if I'm allowed to post it but I can definitely give it to you if you'd like it)

My doctor couldn't get me in until the 24th so I still have that appointment booked for a checkup but in the meantime I already started chantix this morning!

elvan

Welcome to EX...to you AND lschwierzke‌ good for you doing the work to get the medication...do remember that you still need to recognize your addiction and you need to work your quit and care for it so it can grow stronger.  No medication will quit FOR you, but anything you can do to make the quit easier is great.

Ellen

0 Kudos
milesfrommo

Thank you all for the suggestions and support.  Maybe I picked an inopportune time to quit as I am in the middle of switching insurance, but I'll stick with it.

0 Kudos