cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ldj00730

Just joined

I just joined today, but I quit 2 days ago. I am using buproprion and patches. I have quit before but I am hoping this is my final attempt. 

Tags (1)
41 Replies
Giulia

Welcome.  Ah, well, most of us have quit before too.  You're not alone in that.  What makes the difference for most here is the education you'll get.  Education about this addiction and having a group of people who understood what I was going through, had "been there, done that" is what made this my final quit back in 2006.  So far, it's still my final quit.  You never have to go through another Day One.  That was my motivating force:  "I never want to go through another Day One as long as I live!"  And since 2006 - I haven't.  

Sit back, accept the journey, READ, LEARN, expand you thinking and just agree to your choice to be smoke-free.  And this WILL be your final attempt.  You'll never have to go through another day one, if you're willing to stay the course no matter what.  It's the "no matter what" that's the sticking point for most.  Find your sticky place.  Glad you've joined the family.  Stick around!

ldj00730

Thank you

0 Kudos
tmartin0302

Hello, 

My quit day was Jan 5th I had my last smoke at 5 am that morning. It is very hard to do. I have been a very long time smoker and Have never even wanted to stop smoking. I am having issues today. But, Still haven't smoked. My boyfriend is quitting as well. But at this point it seems that he has disappeared into his music room to help with his cravings. I  am happy to be quitting but it's still very hard for me today. 

elvan

There will be good days and bad days...that is part of the journey but there are good days and bad days when we smoke too.  Just take this one day at a time and when that is too long, take it an hour or a minute at a time.  No crave ever killed anyone but no one can say that about smoking.  You can do this, congratulations on your decision to become and ex!

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

You snuck right in here!!  Please write a blog to introduce yourself to the community (Home (top left) then "Write a Blog Post" in the center of the blue boxes).    Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and making it through what we affectionately call H#ll Week.  On to Heck Week now!

Here is a blog I wrote a bit ago with helpful reading and tips on being successful:  For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too)  Reading makes for a great crave buster!

I'm glad you are here!

Nancy

Great job! I guess what we have to do is find other things to do instead of smoking

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome ... Congratulations on your choice to quit smoking.  This is my third quit after two long quits and I feel it is the keeper.  I am so tired of this addiction.  Keep it here and stay prepared. Colleen aka sweetp❤️

ldj00730

Thank you

0 Kudos
elvan

Good morning and welcome to EX...I had COUNTLESS unsuccessful quits until I came here, the support and education about this addiction are beyond compare and have brought me through some times when I would surely have tried to dull my emotions by smoking.  Remember that this is a journey and not an event, it is one day at a time and it requires your commitment.  Stay close to the site, reach out for help if you need it.  Before you pick up a cigarette, post a blog with the word HELP in the subject line.  Someone will come around and talk you down off the ledge.  We have all been there.  YoungAtHeart‌ will be welcoming you soon, I am sure, she has a great welcome to newcomers and offers some wonderful suggestions.  My mantra when I came here was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever.  I got that from this site and it was such a simple thing to remember, I cannot tell you how many times I said it.

Welcome,

Ellen