cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tinalbowser

Better day

Ok today was not as bad.  It was ok. Even when I got in my car to come home. I had a little moment of anxiety at work. Walked around the parking lot smelling all the smoke from the many smokers. I wanted one. But. Nope. I stayed busy. Reading in my free time. Education is key. 

3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Good for you.  Now plan ahead for what you will do instead of walking around the parking lot smelling others' smoke.  Maybe take a quick walk where the smokers AREN'T?  Or do a set of stairs....or a few jumping jacks, or count the # of red/blue/white cars in the lot?  Or go to a quiet hallway and take some slow/deep breaths?

Congratulations on making it through another day.  Proud of you!

Nancy

elvan

Good for you is right.  I am with YoungAtHeart‌ on this...if you can avoid being around people who are smoking...even if it is in a parking lot.  Congratulations, it is going to get easier as you put successes behind you.  Count this one.

Ellen

AnnetteMM

I always found that work breaks were really tough to figure out. Whereas before it was sort of a race to get a couple of cigs in during that time, now it's what to do for 10-15 minutes? A walk is a great idea. Can you find anyone to join you? Do you have a break room with magazines? Whatever you decide to do, I'm proud of you for not smoking!