cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

sweetplt

1 month Quit

Today, I am quit one month from smoking.  I am so happy and proud.  The things I learned from this quit in 30 days is to pray every day for strength from God to not smoke.  Also, I learned to stay prepared.  For example, on the phone with someone difficult I get out an adult coloring book and color instead of smoking my feelings.  Hah, an epiphany just happened, maybe that is what I always did, smoked my feelings instead of dealing with them.  Also, avoiding right now situations and people that smoke.  Funny, but I am calmer and more at peace.  Above all, being grateful daily for my life.  

It is not an easy journey, but it is doable.  I am learning so much this time about myself.  I am learning to like the new non smoking ME. I am excited to learn more about this journey the next 30 days.  Knowledge is definitely power.  

Today I choose not to smoke...Wishing all a beautiful day. Hugs sweetp aka Colleen 

Tags (1)
17 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on 1 month.   That's a success to celebrate!

Barb

YoungAtHeart

You have just shared a primer on how to be successful in the early days of a quit.  When we smoked, we hid from our emotions behind that cloud of smoke.  Learning to deal instead is such an important part of this journey.  Relearning your life as an ex-smoker, too? Priceless!!!

You are DOING this - and finding the real Colleen in the process.  She;s something, isn't she??!!!

Proud of and happy for you!

Nancy

MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY for your glorious Smokefree month and counting WTG you are doing super fantastic YAY for Smokefree living and yay for each and every Day WON .....

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations, on 30 days.  It is a great feeling to be free.  I just read my thirty days quit blog and I agreed.  Quitting is doable.  Keep stacking those days.  Keep praying, and believing you will make it.  God Job. 

Sandi4

Congratulations!  You're doing great!!!

AnnetteMM

You've got the right quititude! One month quit is HUGE! 

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, good for you on your FIRST month.  You have learned a lot already, I am seriously impressed.  I love the fact that you recognized that you might have been "smoking my feelings"...I know that I sure was.  You are doing GREAT and I have no doubt that you will continue to do so as you enter and then get through No Man's Land.  GOOD FOR YOU.

Best,

Ellen

sweetplt

Thank you Barb ❤️

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi Nancy

Yes it is amazing ... I lacked learning about my feelings in my past quits.  Not to mention , making boundaries from toxic relationships... it is a process and I am feeling so much better about me .  Thanks for your encouragement.❤️

0 Kudos