cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Going Crazy

One month and on the patches and lozenges.  Mind and body are going crazy.  I didn’t expect Nirvana, but I sure didn’t know it could feel even harder.  Anxiety is eating me alive.  I just want to sleep.  Existing pain levels have increased to barely bearable.  I get the shakes a lot from doing daily activities.  I’m supposed to go to my docs today and don’t want to.   I’m so tired of feeling so bad.  Day to day challenges make me want to hide somewhere.  I’m so tired of hearing how good I’m doing.  It doesn’t feel that way to me.  I’m having cravings now.  Not used to that.  Coming out of the holidays that were the worst ever being alone.  So many triggers.  I feel outnumbered.  

29 Replies
SimplySheri

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad.  You have a month of not smoking? Even though you feel bad?  That's why people are telling you that you're doing well!  Your strength and courage are simply beautiful in the face of challenges.  Go easy on yourself and maybe talk with a professional about your shakes and anxiety.  It doesn't hurt to get advice and support from them as well as us    I hope you find moments of peace and acceptance in your journey.  You deserve them.

I would think that this is the perfect time to see your physician. You have to make it through to the other side of these feelings. I would question if NRTs are helping or keeping you in a constant state of withdrawal. Going smart  turkey is like ripping a bandaid of a wound. It hurts like crazy for a little while but sometimes if you don't take that bandaid off the wound can fester underneath. Just my humble opinion - I could be wrong but this long drawn out withdrawal seems to being doing more harm than good at this point. You CAN do this - you ARE doing this and yes, there is another side!  Feel better soon!

Gwenivere

i happen to see my doc today.  I also need to call my state quit coach.  Lots of mental challenges and I miss not missing cigs.  The NRT  was working well til the holidays hit.  I’m totally alone in this, except for counselors, so it makes it tougher without someone here to talk to.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Sorry you're having such a difficult time Gwen.  Really should talk to your doctor.  You've gotten so far, you don't want to lose your wonderful quit.  I've read articles that some folks do have a much harder time with quitting than others.  Stay strong.

anaussiemom

If  you smoked only 4 cigs a day??  Perhaps to much nicotine.   I was using 21 mg for 20 cigs a day, my heart was racing I was a wreck.  I had to go down to 14mg.  Bought nic" gum only chew like maybe one piece a day 2 mg.  IDK maybe way to much nicotine, and other chemicals in the NRTS.  Just a thought.  4 cigs a day; isn't very much nicotine...  If that is what you smoked.  My opine.

Many blessings
Kim

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

When I quit I cut down to 4 from 15 cigs using the lozenges.  Dropped the cigs and using the 14 patch and lozenges now.  What I am feeling are more like panic attacks and that has me puzzled, tho getting through the holidays and having my oxygen levels fall has the depression at an all time high.  Add in the nicotine change and my body is going nuts.  I’m not used to cravings.  I had a good system going til just before the holidays and caught a bug again.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Im so sorry.  I also have panic, it is tough.  I am here.

0 Kudos
Jimbone

I needed to read and so happens this AM I landed on your post. You will make you feel better. How alone are you not? 113 days into my quit and getting this insane success anxiety. Why do I wrestle with guilt over living my long dream come true? My original quit date was New Year's and my body said don't be late 112 days ago. My 1st Christmas with my totally not smoking family so easy it was scary. Told them amongst all that great food that if anyone were to put a cigarette in front of me, I would eat it. Fortunately none in the room. I sang the background music to two Xmas movies. Couldn't shut me up. Then once I get back home and alone the mind starts screaming for a smoke, and I dutifully tell myself no. Monitoring my candy intake which seems elevated and today the day to refresh my honey nut cashews stash. Two weeks into 100% decaf and learned about 478 breathing yesterday. Cried grown man tears all last week, the kind you don't hear, till that all past til the next time. All good if I hafta but I won't smoke. Read I should be proud of my quit and whaddayakneaux here's a reason to be that way that won't be an Express ticket to the other place. Make new year's resolutions every other year, this my year not to. But I will resolve where my quit is concerned, to not. You can too. Be selfish in 2019. Make it all about you. Your post helped me.

Barbscloud

Good for you Jimbone‌  This was my first Christmas without smoking also.  Each time we're successful with these milestones, we've learned a new behavior.  Continued success on your journey.

Barb

296 DOF