Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

Giulia

Quit Kit

Quit kit

August 21, 2014 by Legend 10-31-08  

Send a message   Add friend   View Legend 10-31-08's Blog

A quit kit are things that keep your hands and mouth busy, something that puts you in a good mood, things to keep you busy so you are not dwelling on a smoke, different ways to get support when you are having a hard time.

If you have anything else to add to this list please post it on here so others can try it and add it to their quit kit list.

Binder keep copies of blogs that have made a positive impact on you

Book to read

Chrystal light

Cinnamon sticks

Cinnamon toothpicks you can find these on amazon.com

Deep breathing

Emails of people that are supportive

Exercise videos

Frozen grapes

Games

Gum

Hobby have a hobby to keep you distracted

Ice chips

Lemon bit into it  (I think this one is from Dale what he tells people to do)

Links to a funny video to get you into a good mood

Liquorice

Meditation

Other web sites you can find your friends at for support

Phone numbers of someone supportive

Puzzle book

Red hots

Sunflower seeds

Tic tac

Vicks vapor rub put a little bit under your nose during craves

Water bottle to keep with you all the time with something cold to drink

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Giulia

A note to remind yourself to BREATHE!  (Those long, slow, deep breaths really do help calm one down.)

Picture of a loved one - or two or three .  (Those people who want you around for a LONG time.)

A talisman that has special meaning to you.  In the beginning it might just be a word or sentence, an aphorism written on a small piece of paper.  But as you move forward it might be a special treat you buy yourself, or find,  after your first milestones.  A small stone, a charm.....

Sports water bottle with one of those nipples  that you suck on.  That need to suck is pretty primal!  lol

Worry beads. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Little positive post-it notes to yourself stuck up around your abode or office.  I put them on my door on the way out and on the way in, stuck to my computer, on the bathroom mirror....places they would catch my eye to take me out of that stinking cigarette thinking mode.    Things like:  YES YOU CAN.  ATTITUDE STUPID.  JUST GET ON WITH IT.  STOP WHINING. YOU CAN DO THIS!  STAY TRUE..... 

0 Kudos
Legend

Giulia  you have added a lot of great things to do to help out. The more ways we have to keep ourselves smoke free the better. Thanks for adding more to the list. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Thank YOU for the list!

0 Kudos
Legend

I have added more to my quit kit through the years and here is a link to my most recent quit kit if anyone wants to read it.  

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Christine_Aka_Legend-blog/2014/08/22/quit-kit

TerrieQuit

Very recently, I added stop signs cut from red construction paper with the slogan think, think, think written in bold black letters and mentholated cough drops to mine.   ~Terrie~