Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge January 2019

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Welcome to 2019!!!  My first pledge was last January.  While the last six months have been super busy for me at work and at home, I am extremely honored to be facilitating the Daily Pledge and grateful for this opportunity.

We get many new quitters who have chosen to start their quit on January 1.  Last year, there was a wonderful post started by YoungAtHeart  asking about our favorite links on the site.  When I first quit, all I wanted to do was read about what others went through, the experiences they had, advice, etc.  I referenced the post all year long.  I thought I would post a link to it here.  It contains such valuable information and will keep you busy reading for hours!

For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too) 

For many, January is a time of thinking of the New Year, new beginnings, setting new goals, and cold weather (for some). 

Instead of providing you with some fun facts about January that you can look up on the internet, I figured I would provide you with a recipe to celebrate the fact that January is Slow Cooking month!  The below recipe can be made in a slow cooker, on the stove top, or in an Instant Pot!  It is tasty, can feed a crowd, and is super easy!

Turkey Chili Taco Soup – Serves 9.  Serving is 1 ¼ c. (Got this from www.Skinnytaste.com)  I have made it and it is delish!

1 1/3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey or ground beef

1 medium onion, chopped

1 bell pepper, chopped

10 oz can rotel tomatoes with green chilies (pick your favorite variety)

15 oz canned or frozen corn, drained (I like Trader Joe’s roasted corn)

15 oz no salt added kidney beans, drained (or with salt, whatever you like)

8 oz tomato sauce

16 oz fat free refried beans

1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning (your favorite variety)

2 1/2 cups less-sodium chicken broth

Spray a large pot with cooking spray then brown the turkey over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add the onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, re-fried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes.

Serve with your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeños, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions, onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
597 Replies
Roller831

Happy New Year everyone!  I am thrilled to take Barbscloud‌'s hand from the December 2018 pledge and pledge not to smoke today NMW!  My free hand is EXtended to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same!

Roller 559 DOF

Mandolinrain

Happy New Year Roller and everyone....I take your hand Roller  roller831  and am reaching out to the next in Line as we promise we will not smoke today!

Missy 1582 DOF

Unknown.jpeg

minihorses

Happy 2019 Missy! Thanks for your strong hand today. I will take the pledge to not smoke today. It's a new year for a new me. I offer my free hand to the next person to pledge.

Julie 111 DOF

SaraCorinne

Good morning and Happy New Year Julie!  Thanks for you hand, I'll take it as I make my daily pledge to remain smoke free!  My other hand is reaching out to the next in line.

Sara 136 dof

KTQeeyore

Thank you for your hand Sara! NOPE! No way will I smoke today! Here is my hand to the next EXer!

AnnetteMM

My first pledge as an ELDER! I will pledge not to smoke today or all this month. Taking KTQeeyore's hand, reaching out to....you!

Beck37

It is such an honor to be part of this chain, one I never thought I would be part of. I am eagerly extending out my hand waiting for the next..... Happy New Years Everyone!

Giulia

Thanks for your New Year hand, Beck!  I will not smoke this first day of 2019.  Promise.  Reaching out for the next who wishes to remain free.    Happy New Year All!

Nice new Pledge Page roller!

For those new members who are unfamiliar with how to pledge:

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
johnnyRingo5

Thanks for your hand, Giulia.  I pledge to not smoke today and extend my other hand to the next person wishing to pledge.