cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Positively Whimsically REAL!?!

I feel that it is important that the Elderbies" get Real" to help the Newbies.

"G"   wrote something profound yesterday.  In a topic; She hated quitting"....  
That is important for me.    It's huge and it was profound learning I'm not alone in hating this quit!
  Knowing that the Elderbies"  did not appreciate the quit, or hated the quit;
  That is REAL!  I am a newbie, and whimsical , with other newbies"  (guilty).   I love reading how much it can actually suck"!  Quitting is not whimsical!  It hurts, it feels like a loss, of a loved one for many of us.  Yes we, know it is not a loss!  
Not the point all the time!
  We, Me, need and want, to know some of the ELDERBIES" tough time  Hating the quit, moments during  the beginning, quit.....  "G" and others have gotten real.
Newbies start this site everyday.  help us with hating the quit."
  Please get Real, tell us your stories, of how hard it is with a moment,of real in your quit. 
  It is no way unicorns and lollipops!

Even though, we must" and have to be, positive"  for the addictive receptors in our brains to heal one moment at a time if need be.

Hating the quit is very REAL!

34 Replies
AnnetteMM

Oh yes, you have that right! I had actual physical pain, and emotional angst, and was restless and dopey. Definitely no  fun for weeks. Addiction sucks, and withdrawal sucks, and there's no way around those real things.

anaussiemom

Thanks for talking about you!  I love that, and it's very helpful to know I am not alone.  That it hurts like heck.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Not an elder yet, but I've always talked about it how difficult it is.  For me, it's been very emotional as opposed to the physical pain.

anaussiemom

I have both.  I hate quitting is all I can say.  I feel as much a slave to quitting as I do to the addiction.  😕 
Real. 
Don't have to be an Elderbie.   Barbscloud ,  Anyone  talking  about themselves, and their personal heck, is awesome, to me.

YoungAtHeart

I went back to a blog I wrote in the early days of my quit:  /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2012/07/19/come-on 

Wasn't easy, but I vowed to never put myself through it again.  I didn't smoke then, and not for the next 6 years!

Nancy

anaussiemom

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

You're a trendsetter.   We need for you to be successful, so we can follow.   I too appreciate the honesty along with positive attitude that so many bring to this site,

I want to add to the joys for today, but I'm too worried about Pee Wee (my cat).

anaussiemom

Oh what is happening with  kitty? Barbscloud

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

He 19, so...   Been in early stage renal failure for a while.  Came home yesterday and he didn't look right. Rushed to vet.  While there, discovered lump above eye.  May be a tumor.  Giving antibiotic and pain meds.  Wait for blood work.  Have so much involved in my animals emotoinally.  They're my kids.  Last love of my life that my I shared with my husband.  Pee was my best Christmas present from him.

0 Kudos