cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

A New Year - A New Pledge

if you're here to (make a pledge) to quit because you've decided without any prior thought to do so - think again.  This is not just a place for end-of-the ear New Year's resolutions.  The "Oh I REALLY NEED TO QUIT SMOKING" cry and so "THIS YEAR I'll really DO IT!"  And "New Year's is the PERFECT TIME!."  We've all been there, attempted that.  For most of us that New Year's resolution was just a wishful thought based on hope and what our inner wisdom told us we should do for the benefit of our health.  It was a beautiful, but brief, emotional desire, supported by very little else than the "I SHOULD." 

Quitting takes so much more than that.  It  takes all sorts of thoughtful supportive measures.  It takes desire, yes, but desire is not the deciding factor.  Knowledge, dedication, commitment, sacrifice, homework, perseverance...  all the words we really don't want to hear.  That's what quitting takes.  Well, the lasting kind, anyway.   We want it to be easy.  We want to take a pill and awaken the next day craving free.  Doesn't happen.  YOU have to do the work necessary to achieve the success you want.  YOU have to make and take the time.  YOU have to learn and apply that learning and you may have to make some sacrifices along the way.  Are you willing?  It's an incredibly empowering journey.  You'll learn things about  yourself you never knew  And they are positively THRILLING! 

No, it's not an easy ride.  Smoking has consumed your days and twilights.  For YEARS.  It has consumed most of your being  in more ways than than you have even considered.  But you'll discover all that if you stick around and, well - just read.   In order to overcome this addiction, you have to consume something else.   A different mindset.  Your brain, unfortunately was sabotaged without your knowledge.  But knowledge will give you the keys necessary to unlock the door to your Freedom.  It's YOUR choice. 

What will you choose?

This is a one-day-at-a-time journey.  Get through today and you will find it will aid your tomorrow.  Each smoke-free day builds upon the next and adds strength and encouragement to those days which followl.

Those who have been a member of this group and have pledged daily, know the strength of this daily dose of commitment.  You do us all  honor every day.  Thank you.

I, Giulia,  pledge to remain smoke free this day as I have for the past 3,592 days.  Take my hand and don't be afraid.  It get's easier.  Really it does!  Rejoice!  Who will join me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
125 Replies
TerrieQuit

Giulia I am grabbing your hand as I pledge not to smoke this 24 hours and I offer my free hand to the next person to pledge. Who will join us?

I am Terrie and I have 179 days smoke free!

0 Kudos
msterling999

Hi Giulia - Thank you for the New Year's Pledge - it is so honest and on target! Happy 3,592 days!

Hi Terrie - Happy 179 days - that is terrific! It is an honor to  take your hand and add my 24 hour pledge to remain free. It has been 1066 days and I cherish each day. - and reach out my hand....  Maggie

0 Kudos

I'm in good company here with a msterling's 1066 hand holding tight to Terrie's holding tight to Giulia's ... not so much for whomever comes next as I only have 124 days in tow, but I won't let go nor will I smoke this next 24 hours, no matter what, I pledge thee that ... so please, someone, take my other hand ...

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.        Giulia, what a great blog to start off our year.   Thank you!

Puff.......I will take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what the day may bring.        I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

I am carrying my 879 DOF with pride!!!

Sharon

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

Thanks Giulia for starting the New Year with such a great and truthful Blog!!

I gladly take your hand Sharon and Pledge to not smoke today no matter what and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge

Mag at  899 DOF 

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Happy New Year, All!

I take your hand Mag and pledge not to smoke no matter what and I extend my free hand to the next pledger!

Terrie  179  DOF

0 Kudos
Eric_L.

Terrie I take your hand and pledge not to smoke and extend a hand to the next pledgerd

0 Kudos
Giulia

Nice to see you Eric!.  Glad to take your hand and pledge another day of smoke freedom.  Every day builds upon the next.  Every day we remain smoke free gives incentive to the newly quit struggling to breath free.  Here's my hand outstretched for the next Pledgling....

and a pretty picture to go along with it: (not mine)

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.     Thanks for the pretty picture Giulia.    And thank you for your hand.   I will hang on as I pledge to not smoke today no matter what!      I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon   880 DOF

0 Kudos