cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

TW517

Anybody else....?

Pretty sure it's been well over a year since I've asked an "anybody else" question, but here I go:  After 590 days, I still get a "productive" cough for a little while (anywhere from a half day to a day and a half maybe).  It happens 1 to 2 times a month.  Any other long term quitters experience this kind of chest clearing cough so far into their quit?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

No, I have not. Only if I get a cold. 

0 Kudos
TW517

Thanks Jackie.  I wasn't sure if my post was still visible.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

It is now.  

Jennifer-Quit

There has been lots of "bugs" floating around my office - so perhaps it isn't quit related.  So far, knock on wood, I have avoided it.

0 Kudos
shashort

Hey Tom I do get some coughs occasionally but I believe they are related to seasonal allergies.  This allergy season is still hanging on.  But mostly other than allergies my coughs are related to colds. Sure hope yours goes away.

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

I never had a cough and, believe it or not, that used to worry me!

0 Kudos

I get it. I think it's from my CPAP machine.

It's not like coughing all the time as in a smokers cough.

It's more like clearing some muc**s so you don't notice it when you breathe.

this only started for me in the heat of this summer.

Q: "So, am I dying yet?"   A: "You're not getting any younger."

TW517

I think I may have mentioned this before, but my doc and I always begin our visits with her asking if I have any health concerns.  I will reply with whatever prompted my visit, and then say, "Am I going to die Doc?"  To which she always replies, "Yes, Tom, but not from that ailment."  Although the funniest was when she said, "Yes, but you're going to die with that ailment, not from it."

Giulia

No, I do not, nor have I experience that.  If you're concerned, ask you doc, maybe get a low dose CT lung scan.