Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

AmandaKay74

Quitting soon

I'm quitting January 1st. Any advice?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnnetteMM

Hello and welcome!! The site is FULL of advice! And my first piece of it is to read, read, read! Check out all the great posts listed under the Elders for a great start.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Think of quitting as getting smober--that it's a journey not an instant gratification thing. Ex is a very supportive quit community. Support is so necessary for many of us quitters especially as we first get started. Stick around, Ex is here for you--read or share---either way!

0 Kudos
beazel

Be committed - take smoking off the table...no matter what.

Read, read, read...much information here about this horrible addiction.

Come here often for support - we know what you are going through!

Mindset is important..try to focus on positives.

Drink lots of water & use deep breathing exercises for craves.

0 Kudos
shashort

Welcome to EX!    The key is to have a plan of action. So first read and learn everything as knowledge and education is an important key. There is a start plan if you go under your quit in right hand corner that will give you ideas how to start to prepare. Track your cigarettes through out the day and see your routine smokes then come up with an activity or something to to get you through the that time. Start. now changing up your routine.  Instead of get out of bed and smoke, take a shower firsrt, or put your shoes on and go for a brisk walk/run.  Another big key in your beginning days is to drink lots of ice water as it one is refreshing and cools the throat plus it flushes out all the toxins in your body.  start reading why quit and blogs here and YoungAtHeart‌ will come along with other reading to help get you on the right road.  Another big key is keep the excitement, stay positive and tell your self a kabillion times a day you CAN CAN CAN quit smoking.  Make the decision and then do. it.  Stay close and read, read and ask questions.  We are hear to help you through the thick and thin.  

ps:  have a list of distractions, like I said earlier change up your routine, Make a list of reasons you want to quit, I carried a bottle of ice water with a straw to suck on, carry mints and gum to go for when you get an urge..  My favorite mantra that got me through urges:  I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!   NOPE ( not one puff ever) I CAN DO THIS!  COME HERE AND BLOG HELP BEFORE YOU SMOKE HELPS TOO!

0 Kudos