cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Anxiety Meltdown

Ok, I got all calmed down about No Mans Land and now I read in another thread it is a bad time and many fail it.  Is it a matter more than feeling cocky but that the craves WILL be worse?  I absolutely do not want to repeat the withdrawal I have experienced.  Knowing me I’d just throw in the towel and say screw it.  My quit has the added thrill of 3 ER visits and trying to kick bronchitis and sinus infections.  The docs have me on antibiotics, but now don’t think I need them but don’t want resistance to develop so I’m living with bad side effects.  I expected a challenge but egads!  How much can a person take?  This has my anxiety going thru the roof!

53 Replies
AnnetteMM

Your experience is what's important here. Whatever you read is only meant as a guidepost, not something set in stone. This is a time for you to get to know yourself, what triggers your cravings, and how to deal with them. It's different, but not necessarily worse, and it evolves. Keep coming here, post about it, and we'll talk you through whatever.

Jennifer-Quit

Your psyche is your most powerful tool.  Try to dwell on the positive.  A good attitude will take your far.  We all know that it is not easy - and there really is not a definite time frame when you are "over it".  Just remember that it gets better - this is your quit and no one can take it away from you.  Best wishes!

MarilynH

You can and will get through NML it's a guide to help maneuver you through any rough patches that you may come upon BUT you will get through them with perservence plus there's most definetly alot of good days, it's good to be prepared for any unforseen cravings that may pop up of nowhere that's what NML is all about but you'll make it with N.O.P.E and vigilance and it's so worth it to be Free ,you've got this quit firmly in your grasp deep breaths and know that we're all here to help you in any way we can...... how are you doing Gwenivere

Gwenivere

Just getting thru the best I can.  No holiday spirit at all.  So tired of being tired and back to needing oxygen all the time. Too much anxiety from too many sources and bring alone thru it.

anaussiemom

Think of 3 good things today Jen!  it can be very small. Just think of 3 little good things . Ok? Gwenivere

Hugs Kim

26815475_1586533038067121_6624766081455272606_n.jpg

I estimate a person has one bad day for every 12 or more good days. The thing is, you can have 3 bad days in a row. The no mans land blog is telling you you just need to hang on during those times.  

indingrl

This too shall pass-u will be ok-love you and you are doing good.

anaussiemom

JEN!   They can give you a smaller dose, a different antibiotic!!  Let them know please.

48355658_10156750792889654_2109187911407632384_n.jpg

Gwenivere  Hugs