cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sweetplt

Tonight's plan ahead

Tonight I have a small gathering in my home, for a friend who is moving out of state.  I need to prepare for the evenings events.  I will have a glass of wine with lots of ice and I bought some pretzel's the size of cigarettes and many carrot sticks to pick up if the need would arise.  I am also posting my quit stats on the kitchen table, since all are supporting me in this quit.  Only one in the group smokes and she will go out on the front porch.  However, she told me she would not bring her smokes here and would not even smoke on my porch.  Ok Ready, Set, Go...I can do this...

Are you prepared for the next event? 

Wishing everyone a smoke free day...~ Colleen aka sweetp

5 Replies
AnnetteMM

I'd skip the wine if I were you. I know it became a stronger trigger for me. 

JACKIE1-25-15

A glass of ice would be better than a glass of wine this early in the quit. 

Being prepared and aware (like you are) is always a good idea because we all have to face these kinds of events smoke free sooner or later. My hope is that you find this to be a pleasant smoke free event, and that you can enjoy yourself while being cautious.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

anaussiemom

Yes you can do this!

sweetplt

45805372_2025436340856590_6395955990285516800_n.jpg

YoungAtHeart

I would skip the glass of wine this early in your quit.  You REALLY don;t know the amount of alcohol it will take for your brain to say, "just one won't hurt," and you believe it!  There is never such a thing as just one to an addict.   It will ALWAYS lead to another and then another until you are right back to Square One.

If you absolutely MUST have a drink in your hand, make it 1/2 glass - and be sure there are no cigarettes in the environment that you could bum.

Better safe than sorry!

Nancy