cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sweetplt

Whoo Hoo 14 Days Quit

Hi to everyone and especially to all that Welcomed me to this site.  You made my morning.  

I am so proud and happy to say, "I am 14 days Quit from smoking", and in honor of my 2 weeks quit, I want to share a bit about myself.

I am 54 years old and Married to a wonderful husband.  I have a 10 year old dog named Peanut.  I am a housewife and have moved a lot with my husband's career.  I am involved in a few organizations through Church, neighborhood, gym etc.,  

When I was 38 years old I thought cigarettes were my best friend.  (Silly thinking, but true) I quit for about 8 years and started back with a friend.  I quit again for almost 5 years and went out drinking and hence 4 years later here I am celebrating 14 days quit.  
One thing I learned, Never Give up...Keep trying and Keep Quitting because one day it will stick like glue.  I found my weak spot and it is the cocktail.  Don't they say, "Three times is a charm"...well it has to be my choice and I choose to rid this yucky addiction.

I have had health issue's most of my life and smoking has never helped it.  I am an 8 year brain aneurysm survivor of a 9mm basilar artery annie and still have another in my eye that is being watched.  I have pulmonology issues due to my surgery (life support) and asthma.  Hah...and I went back to smoking.  (the one thing Doctors say I should never do)...That is how strong this demon is to us...but I am learning that so is the cocktail hour that went too long and defenses went down and thought one cigarette wouldn't hurt.  I won't bore you with the details, each of you know this journey.

I live "one day at a time"...and no longer want this is my life...so on December 3rd...I decided "enough is enough"...and I quit.  I need this site, because I believe in any journey we need to do it together.

I am here for each of you, as you are here for me.  So the past is the past...today I celebrate 14 days to Freedom.

This is the best gift I could give me and Hubs and Peanut for Christmas.

Wishing all a Beautiful Smoke~Free Monday...Colleen aka sweetp

15 Replies
Mandolinrain

I am SO happy you quit!!!! Also SO HAPPY your here as part of our family

Congrats on 14 sweet days of Freedom

images-3.jpegimages-6.jpeg

CONGRATULATIONS on 14 days of freedom!! I lost a quit many years ago due to alcohol. That and the fact that I really wasn't very serious about quitting back then. And many years later, like you I quit again. This time I actually wanted to quit, and that made all of the difference!

Thank you for stopping in! It's always wonderful to hear from a confident quitter. 

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

sweetplt

Thank you for sharing Chuck  

MarilynH

Congratulations on your precious 14 glorious DOF - Days Of Freedom and counting WTG, you are doing super fantastic with your awesome quit journey YAY for each and every Day WON......

YoungAtHeart

TWO WEEKS?

AWESOME!

CONGRATS!

Nancy

sweetplt

Thank you Nancy...love it ❤️ How long are you quit? 

YoungAtHeart

6+ YEARS!!!   Freedom is more wonderful than I ever imagined! I still hang around because I want to pay the help and support I got here forward. 

Nancy

sweetplt

Congratulations on 6+ years of Freedom Nancy...and paying it back is a wonderful way to be grateful for that freedom you worked hard to get.

Barbscloud

Welcome again.  It's nice to meet you.  We all have a story of quitting more than once and many people have continued to smoke even with health issues.   Smokers have much in common.   One of the things I've learned  on this site, is that we're not unique.  Our journeys many be different, but we're all striving for the same goal.  To  be smoke free.   You're off to a great start.

Barb

279 DOF