cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DawnWalker

Cold turkey begins when I awaken.

I just smoked my last cigarette. It is now 4:15 a.m. I am feeling good about this. Have written affirmations, reminders, encouragement on tiny folded papers; tossed them into an altoid tin and will draw one with each craving. I am going to check back here each day for tips and encouragement. I have smoked for 50 years. Wow. Not easy to even type that reality. My time is now. Thank you all in advance for any guidance you may have for me. Now I shall sleep. I'm not sure I posted this correctly. I certainly hope so.

13 Replies

it posted fine.

Have you got a quit kit together?

0 Kudos
LindaLouise

Could you please tell me what is in a quit kit? 

0 Kudos

Something for your hands  (hobby, squeeze ball)    

Something for your mouth (Straws, Cinnamon Toothpicks, Mints, Binky)

Something for up North (Self talk, Phrases prepared for when you get a craving)

Something for down South (exercise, walking, movement)

And a lot of water. 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your first day smoke free.   I smoked  for 50 years also.   Reach out if you need assistance.

Barb

278 DOF

YoungAtHeart

I hope you have done the reading I recommended when you first got here?  If not, it makes  for a great re - enforcer.  To get to your first blog, click on your avatar (upper right) and then " Content." 

Keep busy - change up your routines - drink lots of water - get some exercise - don't argue with yourself about smoking.

Congratulations on your decision to quit!!!!!!  One day,, (sometimes a minute or an hour at a time).  It gets easier as time passes.

Just don't smoke!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Welcome

maryfreecig

Congratulations on your start. Stay invested. Nice job with the altoid tin of good thoughts.

0 Kudos

"Cold turkey begins when I awaken."

No truer words were ever spoken. Wake up and pay attention to your body, mind and soul begging you to quit! Yes, you will have thoughts about smoking - that is the addiction speaking - but you also have that quieter voice reminding you to quit! Listen and learn from that voice. It speaks the truth - not the Nico-lies of addiction! We're here to help you!

Image result for awaken

0 Kudos