cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The site is not letting me upload a 15mb video?

Jump to solution

Screen Shot 12-13-18 at 05.22 PM.JPG

I know it's an MP4 file

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

JonesCarpeDiem wrote:

So why was I getting that screen I posted

I'm not sure. I actually uploaded the video to Google Drive temporarily and it probably decoded and re-encoded it and then I downloaded the file and uploaded that to the community. I think the first time I attempted to upload it it gave me an error that the file was corrupt and then the second time it worked.  So my guess is there is something wrong with your computer somehow specifically with codecs.  With the cost of those codecs Microsoft stopped pre-installing them on computers back in the early 2000's to save money on the OS.  Which caused some issues when people were trying to make audio files. I assume the same might have happened with video files.  So perhaps you could do the same thing I did with Google Drive and see if it will work but uploading and downloading if you encounter an error. Even if I had direct access to your computer that error looks like a couple things so we'd have to rule out the various possibilities one at a time until we isolated the issue.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you take a screenshot of the file properties? While it may be a mp4 file it looks like there is something unknown about it. Codecs are important so that it can be decoded. Perhaps you can convert it to a .mov file type and see if it will upload?

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Converted it to a MOV file SAME SCREENSHOT AS ORIGINAL.

Both times (file types) when I tried to upload, it INSTANTLY said the file has been uploaded which is impossible so I think it's a site problem.

0 Kudos

Can you package it as a zip file and then upload it?

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

what would I upload it as? and where to?

0 Kudos

Dale

Send to Zip file on Windows and then attach as attachment or upload to

Google Drive and then share with communityadmin@becomeanex.org

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I already sent both file types to your admin email address.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

[video]

Mov File

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

[video]

MP4 File

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos