cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Needhelp828

Help

i quite 2 months ago and im craving a cig right now idk what to do im having a panic attack for a cig

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Barbscloud

I hope you haven't smoked yet.  Two months is quite an accomplishment.  What's going on?   Is there some specific trigger?   Take deep breathes.

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You are entering what we here call No Mans Land:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... .  You might find this blog helpful to understand why it's getting difficult now.

Pull out the tools you found helpful early in your quit and ,use them NOW!  Slow, deep breaths, going slower and deeper with each work.  Get some exercise - even marching in place works.

This difficult portion of your journey won't last.  Just hang in.  You are almost THERE!

Nancy

desiree465

When I would/do get a craving that I think I won't get through I write on here about it. I'd say why I think I'm having one and why I am going to choose not to smoke. I'd do some push ups or jumping jacks if it was still getting to me after blogging and of course I'd have my candy fix. 

Hey there!

I remember when I'd have panic attacks when I just thought of quitting! And then when I did quit, I was irritable, but able to keep it in the background, and by doing that I was able to get past the tough moment. As you probably already know, the crave only lasts a few moments, but what happens is you latch onto that crave and give it power that it never actually had. 

Soon the crave becomes all consuming because we just can't seem to quit thinking about it. I know it can be hard, but the best solution to this is often distraction. I always found a way to do what I called "changing my thought patterns". My favorite way was to create a scene of beauty. A place within the mind that is calming and peaceful.

When I did this, I'd close my eyes and create the scene in complete detail, down to the the blades of grass that I would be laying on, and for me this worked. Exercise is also a great crave buster. Please let us know how you're doing! We're here for you if you need us!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

sweetplt

Sorry It took me too long to respond to this post.  I am new here and finding my way around... Please come back and tell us how you are doing...if you smoked, it's ok...start the quit again...if you didn't, congrats...I must tell you smoking truly helps the anxiety momentarily...it doesn't combat it...these are the issues we need to address when we quit smoking and to know smoking will not help.  Often times it adds to our anxiety.  I am sending good quit vibes your way...Don't Give up on YOU ... You are worth this Quit...Colleen aka sweetp

anaussiemom

Oh my Please remember as I to, must remember.

smoking.jpg

Hugs.   Panic"  God promised me, and anyone, who has panic, we will not die from it!!