cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

How to do it

This from  linda.mustafa

/blogs/linda.mustafa-blog/2015/10/04/18-months-one-year-and-a-half-of-beautiful-smoke-free-days 

"How did I do it?!

Simple---Made a choice, made a decision, started my journey, persevered , kept moving forward, stayed determined and willing, stayed focused and sharp, enjoyed the changes (most of the times), learned new things along the way, equipped myself with knowledge about our addictions, and above all Believed in myself every single day - I still do and I will always."

3 Replies
TerrieQuit

I like that! I did it by making a choice and doing whatever it takes every day to honor my choice! because I am worth it!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Good point, Terrie.  You ARE worth it.  We all need to recognize our "worth"  and get on with the task of becoming the best that we can be.  And ridding ourselves of our addictions - whatever they may be - is part of that journey.  Quitting is about choosing and sticking to the choice we've made - no matter what.  And THAT is why you will become an Elder on here.  Because you’ve recognized the truths of overcoming this addiction, learned from them,  and happily remain here to pass them on.

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Stop saying "I should stop" and DO IT- JUST STOP. Come here  and read and study about addiction. GET PUMPED UP and PSYCHED for FREEDOM. I'm not "giving up smoking" I'm letting go of a deadly addiction and starting a new and  better way of living. PERIOD.  That's the truth and remember it when you start thinking about lighting one up.

0 Kudos