cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

If You're Getting More Nicotine Than You Were As A Smoker

and you're still thinking of smoking,

Why would you think getting even more nicotine

is going to make you not think of smoking?

It doesn't make common sense.

ANSWER

You centered your life and routine around the ritual of smoking

to get that nicotine.

Without the ritual, something will definitely feel missing.

5 Replies
AnnetteMM

I agree! After a meal I miss the ritual of smoking sometimes, so instead of that I have a little something sweet. Even just a simple sugar-free piece of candy will do. Like tying off a loose end.

Yep. I did exactly that in my quit. I'd cut all the way down to four cigarettes a day and then during my preparation and then I put on a 21MG patch the first day of my quit. Got dizzy, headache, general queasiness and short of breath. I guess in my case, it felt horrible and I certainly wouldn't recommend what I did to another. 

Also, I had to step down three times on the patches instead of the two times it would have been had I went with the 14MG. patch to start. Bottom line is, all extra nicotine does for a quitter is make them feel sick, and it doesn't help one bit with the craves. I know what you wrote to be true from my own experience!

Great blog. Important point. Thanks!

Chuck 

anaussiemom

Everyone seems to find their own way.  We, being individuals. Anyone's approach to be a quitter, is what matters here. 

Whatever work works, to be a quitter!!  MHO.

Gwenivere

I’m starting with the 14mg patch and lozenges.  21 sounded way to high after gradually cutting down. They do cause nausea sometimes, but I can’t cut it cold turkey.  At least my lungs are free of the toxins.  That is my foremost goal first. I’m only at day 3 without cheating so I can’t really say yeah or nay yet with much info.  

Like so many things in life, each person has to find their own way.  

Gwenivere Sometimes it's those who are newest on the journey that can show others wisdom. We have to find our own way, no matter what it takes. Becoming free isn't a gift. We have to work for it and the work that we do to get there will make us stronger in the end. CONGRATULATIONS on three days smoke free by the way. One second at a time turns into one day at a time. So long as we fight to be free and find the path that works for us, then our fight will not be in vain.

So glad you chose to fight! We all deserve to be free!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck