cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rallymike

Vent

i just want to vent and say how much i hate quitting!  I am feeling anxious and hyper. I am taking Chantix so that probably has something to do with it. I quite last Thursday night, had Friday off and the weekend as my first couple of days of quitting. It went pretty well. Today was first day back at work and that was ok. I was able to deal with the urges to smoke - I did deep breaths, took a walk around the building. Talked to myself in the car, telling myself "I am a non-smoker. I dont want to die gasping for air. I dont want my daughter to tell me things like smoking means I dont want to live long enough to see her children.  But home tonight has been very rough. right now i want to get up and go buy a pack of cigarettes.

Sorry for the buzzkill! I'll be ok, I have a smoke cessation class tomorrow. Just helped to write and b**** a little!

Tags (1)
23 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Just seeing your post.  No need to apologize, we are here to listen and help.  Seems to me you are working your quit and that is what it takes.  Keep on keepin on. 

rallymike

This helped me soooo much! Tonight is much better. Thanks for taking the time! 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad you posted.  Sometimes you just need to vent.

Where you posted was completely fine!  We also have Venting Freely‌ as well.

I look forward to reading more about your quit journey.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
rallymike

I can't tell you how much it helped me last night. Tonight, I feel great! and getting feed back from folks on this site feels really good today also! I will pay more attention to posting topic locations as you mention! 

Thanks! 

marciem

Nice rant, rallymike!!  And many more to come, I hope   .  A good vent lets out that steam that's building, and that's what we're here for, part of the support.  Most, in real life, don't have someone who will quite "get it", how you are feeling these early days.  But we do.  We've been there, whether it be with Chantix, NRT, or not... the feelings are still there.

And the feelings won't kill you.  They might make you want to kill someone else  , but we won't tell!

There is a reason they call the first seven days of quitting "Hell Week", it isn't a path of roses and sunshine every minute.  But you're more than half-way thru, and onward and upward to "heck week" which isn't so bad.

Keep on moving forward, one day, one step, one minute at a time, as needed.  Rinse and repeat!

rallymike

Thank you! That really means a lot to hear back from folks! Tonight is much

better!

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:41 PM marciem <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
rallymike

thanks for reply! This writing and reading really does help! I am having a much better night tonight! 

0 Kudos
elvan

This will get better, the beginning is a challenge, we have all been where you are and there are no shortcuts but every moment you go through smoke free...you get stronger.  Stay close to the site, we are here to help you in any way that we can!  Welcome to EX and your new and improved life.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Congrats on your quit.  It's good to vent and stay close to this site especially in the early days.  

Barb

267 DOF

0 Kudos