cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge - DECEMBER 2018

(© Ad Meskens / Wikimedia Commons)
December, the last month of the year.  In the Southern Hemisphere, where some of our members live, it's SPRING!!!!  For those living in the Northern Hemisphere it's looking a lot like......
IMG_4729.JPG
Whether it's Spring or Winter we're pledging because we believe that quitting smoking (or vaping or chawing or any form of nicotine enslavement) is the best thing that we can do for ourselves.
That BEST part of us wants the best FOR us.  That soft, loving voice that knows better, does indeed know - better. Unfortunately it isn't as needy and LOUD as that other voice.  That other voice, the addict voice is just a constant whiner, a beggar, a wimp.  It yells "PLEASE give me what I want," it's the annoying child within screaming for immediate gratification.  And it's very demanding.   It pretends to be our friend, our companion and our savior.  It makes us believe it will ease our emotional pain. But all it does is feed us emotional lies and by so doing - keep us enslaved..
Believe the voice you know to be true.  And we do know that true voice.  That voice, that BEST part of us that  cannot be denied.  There is not one person who would be on this site if that small, championing voice wasn't there - niggling encouragement.  Both voices can drive us quitters a bit crazy in the beginning of our journeys.  The whiny, addictive voice tends to be louder; the smarter, quieter voice,  weaker.  Listen to the quieter voice.  It won't let you down.
Be the champion that quiet voice knows you can be.  Just stick with that BEST of YOU voice.  It will never lead you astray and you will always be proud that you did listen more to it than the other whiner who just brings you down.
Thank you Rollercoaster for giving me the opportunity to be your sub for the December's Pledge.  
And one last thought before I post this -   chuck-2-20-2011  made a very astute comment on a blog recently.  Wise words.  
I personally don't think that many people who quit on the outside but not on the inside have much success, simply because I think a quit has to come from within to be successful.

I agree that to overcome this addiction, one needs to quit from the inside out.  Holding another hand here and adding a personal commitment is definitely a step in that direction.
Hang in everybody!
===========================================================================================  

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
474 Replies
elvan

Good morning and happy first day of December Giulia‌, thanks for subbing for roller831‌ to start off this month.  I am proud to pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my hand to the next person who is ready to pledge on this December morning.

Ellen 1777 DOF

MarilynH

Thank you Giulia, I'll gladly take your hand Ellen and pledge to remain Smokefree while EXtending my free hand to the next person in line to pledge. 

Marilyn 1601 DOF 

Barbscloud

Good morning MarilynH‌  I gladly accept your hand and pledge no to smoke today.  Extending my next hand to the next Exer pledging.

Barb

263 DOF

Bree19

Hello Ellen

elvan

Didn't want to leave you hanging!  So thank you for your hand to me (the next person).  I'm pledging not to smoke today N.O.P.E.

My other hand is reaching out for the person who is ready to take the pledge.

Bree 

642DOF

Mandolinrain

Good Morning Barbscloud , I take your hand and reach out to the next in line as we promise to choose not to smoke today~

Missy 1551 DOF

AnnetteMM

Looks like Bree19 got skipped! I'll take your hand, girlfriend. And great job on the blog Giulia!

Now how to fix the chain...

Mandolinrain

Oh YIKES....I didn't see Bree19 ! Sorry sweetie....I will also join and grab onto yours and AnnetteMM as well!

wlh

Thanks for your hand Mandolinrain‌!  

I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 638 dof

Mortalzeus

Thank you Lynne, I will take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  My other hand is extended for the next in line.

Darren 771 dof