cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

laqbana55

Im back!

Hi everyone, I was part of this community for 14 months a couple of years ago. When I relapsed I left the group, without telling anyone I had relapsed. I'm on day three of my new quit and plan to do things differently this time! When I get a craving I will share about it. I want to quit for good this time!

25 Replies
TW517

Welcome back!

laqbana55

Ty, I'm having alot of cravings and anxiety but I know this will pass!

elvan

Deep breath IN, hold and then exhale very slowly through pursed lips.  Get some bubble juice, it helps with breath control and relaxation, watching bubbles is great fun.

0 Kudos
laqbana55

I've been doing deep breaths its helping, also drinking lots of water!

elvan

GREAT job!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome back. Please stay connected with Ex, craving or not. Congratulations on 3!

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome back...education about the addiction, support from others who have been where you are, and commitment not to smoke...NO MATTER WHAT will bring you through beautifully.  I am sure YoungAtHeart‌ will be along soon with her welcome, pay attention, she has great recommendations in there.  Figure out what happened last time and be prepared not to let it give you an excuse to smoke if it happens again.  I used the mantra NOPE, Not One Puff Ever which I got from here and it helped me immensely.

Remember that smoking does nothing FOR you, only TO you and no crave ever killed anyone, no one can say that about smoking.

Ellen

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats. Be sure to get your quit date updated.  The old one shows in your profile.  You can get that updated by following directions here: (Re: How do I get my quit date to show on the community?‌)

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
laqbana55

Ty so much 

0 Kudos