cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

laqbana55

Overeating

I've been eating all day long I know I cant substitute food for cigs! What to do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
elvan

Try drinking lots of very cold water, I  also ate frozen fruit.  I bought frozen blueberries and frozen cherries and I ate them (use a spoon because they make fingers funny colors.  I also ate Sour Patch Kids because they were very sour and they sort of reset my brain.  You 

can suck on ice chips...lemons work but the are hard on your teeth, not like Sour Patch Kids aren't hard on your teeth.  Keep in mind that at the beginning, staying away from cigarettes is your goal....don't spend a lot of time worrying about eating or overeating.  

If you are not smoking, you are doing GREAT!

Ellen

laqbana55

Thanks, I'll check them out.

0 Kudos

frozen grapes are good and they're low price right now but only take out what you eat. You cannot refreeze them.

They turn to mush. 

laqbana55

Do they come frozen or freeze them when you buy them?

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018, 2:57 PM jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007 <

0 Kudos

You rinse them and pull them off the stem and freeze them in a little tupperware. You don't have to dry them completely but shake off the excess before you take them off the stem.

And I like the red and black grapes. Probably because all we could get was green that didn't have seeds when we were young.

0 Kudos

They sell single gelatins that only have 25 calories. Also single popscicles

0 Kudos
elvan

I like popsicles and usually have some in the freezer, even now. 

0 Kudos
Tabbiekat

Last Monday was my first day quit. It was hard this last weekend not to eat constantly. I am allowing myself the next couple of days, but Friday I am getting back on the "healthy eating" tract that I have been on for a couple of years.  I quit last Halloween, but started smoking again mid Sept and then quit again last week. I will drink lots of water and get some fruits, veggies, nuts at the store tomorrow and get them cut up so I can quickly grab them. I also use breath mints. Sucking on one for 5-6 minutes makes it so I don't want to eat for awhile after. Brushing my teeth every time I eat something helps too. I have no doubt I gained a couple lbs during the first couple of weeks last year, but I avoid scales. I did see my doctor a couple weeks before I quit last year and then 3 months later and lost weight. I am hoping for the same results this time. Do what you have to in order to stay smoke free. It will be easier to lose weight in a couple months vs trying to quit smoking again

Wishing you the best

Tabbie