cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Odd Product

Has anyone ever heard of TBX-FREE strips?  Someone gave me a pack to try.  They are thin and dissolve on your tongue supposedly ending cravings.  It’s a mystery what is in them, the company won’t saay beyond 8mg crystalline.  It could from a poisonous tree.  The woman who gave them to me said they helped her and if she tried to smoke she got nauseous.  I have.no interest in trying these, but curious if they’ve been talked of here.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gwenivere

Oops, the active ingredient is laburnum anagryroides 1X.  Says not to use with other cessation products or asthma.   

0 Kudos
Tabbiekat

https://www.highya.com/tbx-free-reviews is a website that I found- has a link to the US National Library of Medicine that lists the active/inactive ingredients and explanation of the active- it is homeopathic so on the safe side, take a look at the ingredients and see if it is something you want to try.

marciem

I wouldn't touch this stuff, myself.  

Google being my friend:  Laburnum - Wikipedia 

"All parts of the plant are poisonous, although mortality is very rare.[4] Symptoms of laburnum poisoning may include intense sleepiness, vomiting, convulsive movements, coma, slight frothing at the mouth and unequally dilated pupils. In some cases, diarrhea is very severe, and at times the convulsions are markedly tetanic. The main toxin in the plant is cytisine, a nicotinic receptor agonist.

It is used as a food plant by the larvae of some Lepidoptera species, including the buff-tip."

0 Kudos
virgomama

The 1X definitely makes it a homeopathic product.  What makes things "poisonous" is the fact that it has an effect on the central nervous system in some way.  And are fatal in high doses by shutting the system down.  Hence in small amounts it does cause numbing, drowsiness, relaxes muscles, etc etc etc.   I've found homeopathic products to be very effective and as with anything should be used according to directions.  I have not heard of this product so I have no opinion on it specifically.  If your uncertain, there's certainly other  products on the market you can try.  I've tried several. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are some other posts on TBX here on the community.

Always seek advice from your health care professional on what will work best for you.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team