cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pops

How Pops ate on Thanksgiving Day....

This is an old family fav of mine...that I picked up from an italian recipe about thirty years ago...it seemed like a great pick, as opposed to a huge turkey, since I was cooking for myself....

It is called "creme of spinach, chicken alfredo"....Here are a few pics of some of the steps and ingredients...

It is a sacriledge to not have basil in a pesto italian dish....

Classico is a great sauce that you will never be able to exceed for the money....

No threat of "E-coli" here....;-)

I also put a couple of small cans of stems and pieces in the mix....

All of those fixins went into 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs & chopped onions & garlic...

I used two bags of egg yolks (medium width) noodles....all of you messy cooks....take note, I cleaned all of my dishes as I prepared the meal & cleaned off the counter and stove top before I sat down to eat.....

ummm good, it was soo good too.

Mac & Cheese were not any too pleased that I didn't share with them either....(I'm thinking it i too rich for their young tummies.  Trust me when I tell you, I do not want to spend my Thanksgiving on my knees cleaning up cat mess...

I enjoyed this delicious dish for Thanksgiving while watching football and Mac & Cheese play....

Pops with 61 Days of Freedom....Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Mac and Cheese banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies
MarilynH

That looks absolutely scrumptious Ken yum yum and yummy I'm sure   Mac and Cheese look pretty content.....

Congrats on your 61 splendiferous DOF and counting WTG.....

30c9b692a9ec18884321864467513491.jpg

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Those guys have gotten SO big - no longer looking at all like kittens.

Dinner looks delicious!

Try not to stew on Day 62!

Pops

Thsnks, and yes they are growing like weeds already!  The dinner was great.....too.  I have been craving a spinach creme dish, and this filled the bill perfectly.  I made alot of it...so I am going to bring in a pan of it to work on Monday.  I will cook up a red sauce dish to tifde me over through the rest of the weekend.  I always cook way too much food.  I guess I could freeze it into smaller containers though...I still might do that. ??? How are you doing on this holiday?  Do you have your daughter over?  I hope you are well.

xoxoxo Pops

0 Kudos
RachelMB

Dinner sounds like it was awesome Pops. My big labrador had a few bites of potatoes. . So glad you had a nice day!

Rachel 

Barbscloud

That's looks good  Basil is one of my favorites.