cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

molzep

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi all,

I remember my first Thanksgiving as an ex. I was nervous about having some of the people add stress and allow me to lose my determination. I sat pouting before hopping in the car to travel to my dinner and I decided to listen to some music really loud.  I ended up listening to 4 non-blonds "What's Up" and sang along. I sang as loud as I could, and I realized that after just 1 week, quitting had helped me sing loud without coughing!  Well that boosted my determination and off I went to dinner. I don't remember how the day went, but I do know that I didn't smoke. Not One Puff!

That was 9 years ago.

I'm off to another T-day dinner and a little worried about how conversations will go, but not worried about being tempted to smoke. Believe me, it gets easier. It's not even something that crosses my mind ever. My sister advised me to think of T-day dinner as a sitcom episode. This should be fun!

Happy Thanksgiving all, stay strong and breathe deep!

Molly

4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

It's a shame we can't pick our family the way we pick our friends!

You might try to picture the troublemakers naked while they spout forth - as long as you think you can do it without LOL!

I hope it goes better than expected.

Congratulations on NINE years!

Nancy

Giulia

Delighted to see you!  I like the sitcom episode idea!  I used to just get up immediately after eating and do dishes.  A great way to "get away" from the conversations in the parlor.   It'll all be over by tomorrow.    Just don't talk about politics!

Congrats on the 9 years!

What did the turkey say to the computer?

...Scroll down....

Google Google Google

elvan

SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  Happy Thanksgiving and CONGRATULATIONS on an amazing quit.

Ellen

pir8fan

Welcome home for Thanksgiving Molly!!

HUGZ.          Tommy