cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Favorite Way To Use Leftover Turkey?

I like the dark meat when I eat my dressing (with apples and sausage), mashed potatoes, etc

For leftovers, my favorite recipe is turkey tacos and I shred the white meat with a fork for this. (Here's what you need besides the turkey)

• Corn Tortillas (You determine how many and add one or two extra for each person. (because you're going to love these) 
  • Your favorite head lettuce shredded (romaine or iceberg R best for shredding)
  •  Grated Cheese (I buy a Mexican blend but you can use your fav. taco cheese)
  • Shredded cooked Turkey (microwave to just beyond room temperature right before assembling tacos)
  • Rice Vinegar
  • Corn Oil

Your turkey should already be cooked, right?   

I use pre grated cheese. (you can too or you can shred your own.)

Directions:

1. Shred your lettuce about twice as coarse as coleslaw and put in a bowl and add corn oil and rice vinegar and mix it into the lettuce with your clean fingers.
  2. Fry your shells in 1/4 inch of corn oil. (I can do 3 at a time in a 12 inch pan because shortly after you place them in flat, you fold them into the taco shape to finish cooking until they are the way you like them, turning once. You take the one you put in first out first and drain them on a few layers of paper towels. (I can do 18 shells in 12-15 minutes)

When your shells are fried and drained you are ready to make the tacos

Put some shredded turkey in the bottom.

Then the oil and vinegar lettuce. (drain off the excess oik so it's not going all over the couch or carpet.)

Then add your cheese

ENJOY.

Black Beans

1-5 cans drained depending on how many you are serving or how much leftovers desired. (Black beans don't give you gas)

1 Whole onion (more if you are making ALOT)

1 Jalapeno pepper per can of beans

Corn oil

Peel the onion and chop coarse

Seed and remove the stems on the jalapeno's

Put your oil in the pan and add the chopped onion and seeded peppers.

Cook on medium heat to soften and then add your beans and mash the mixture with a potato masher every 10 minutes making sure the beans aren't burning then lower the heat and mash until you get a creamy mixture with some lumps. Salt to taste before serving. You can put some grated cheese on top as you serve them. Delicioso

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
10 Replies
Brenda_M

Hey, Dale! Mine is the most basic! Turkey sandwiches with nothing but turkey and mayo! Your tacos sound AWESOME!

I like turkey sandwiches too. The same way with a little salt and pepper.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Your tacos sounds absolutely scrumptious, I usually make hot turkey sandwiches with the white meat, I save enough broth for the gravy and I usually have enough to make a small turkey stew with the dark meat I actually prefer chicken to Turkey but I'll eat either. 

Bonnie

i make a layered turkey enchilada casserole and then a classic turkey pot pie casserole with just biscuits for a top crust (no bottom crust).

Tabbiekat

I make turkey vegetable soup with beef/turkey bone broth (whoever makes the turkey makes the turkey bone broth, since I normally pass on that I just use the beef bone broth I have on hand). I just throw all the veggies in the pot and after it they have softened, I pull them out, let them cool a bit and then throw them in a blender to chop them up, put them back in the soup, season to taste and usually have enough soup for 2-3 more meals.

elvan

Wow, such great ideas.  I like ONE turkey and gravy sandwich the day after and then I do not want to see or hear about turkey again until the next year.  No imagination here...oh, no turkey either, we are going to my son's in laws and I am bringing stuffing...they are all gluten free and I am NOT bringing gluten free stuffing...just regular, buttery, amazing stuffing that my husband, my son, and I will eat.  Gluten free stuffing for as many people as are invited (25) would cost me a mortgage payment.  Not happening, sorry.  I LIKE my gluten AND my butter...it's only once a year.  

I will freeze some for my youngest daughter who will not be here for Thanksgiving but she will be here for Christmas.

I cook down sausage and drain it and chop apples and add them to the dressing. Hey, it's on;y once a year.

indingrl

Thanks for sharing-i cook leftover turkey soup with lots of veggies.

Sootie

I like to make turkey soup......but with 17 coming I am simply hoping I have enough turkey......AND enough chairs!!!