cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

Stop Whining

Get over the worst of yourself and get on with the BEST of yourself.  'Cause the Best of Yourself "get's it."  

Sorry.  

This message brought to you by the tough love school.  Who really has the Best of YOU in mind.

14 Replies
MarilynH

4c554a05b2d8f422e154f98030d39988.jpg

elvan

The best of me today will be at work and that might be tiring but I LOVE being around people and laughing and making them laugh. The best of me is just plain me...the worst of me quit smoking.

Have a beautiful day.

Ellen

Lauralives

You are an Angel dear Ellen!!  Love, Laura

elvan

Thank you Lauralives‌, I am no angel, I haven't come close to earning my wings.

Love,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Lauralives

I disagree my friend.  I can see them from here!!  

Lauralives

Yes, sometimes when we are feeling down we just need to find that strong part of ourselves and stand tall and strong!!  

YoungAtHeart

"It's my party and I'll whine if I want to

Whine if I want to

Whine if I want to

Whine if I want to

You would whine, too, if it happened to you."

(with apologies to Leslie Gore!)

indingrl

AMEN-I THANK GOD FOR YOU MY BELOVED LADY G-just 4 today-i shall not snivel! Laughing out loud-POOP HAPPENS- i flush the toliet of MY poopie OLD MIND-and think NEW FRESH thought-thank you God i aint dead EARLY from 38 years using MY drug nicotine-NOW i read RECOVERING BLOGS-ONE RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER-getting a NEW way-talking gratitude! YOUR THE BEST TO ME LADY G AND YOUR ARE SO CORRECT!

TW517

Wait! What?  But how will everyone know that my pain/discomfort/inconvenience/circumstance is worse than theirs and that they should feel sorry for me?!    I've been a big baby for years, always trying to "one up" others problems.  I'm getting a little better as I mellow somewhat in my "elder" years.  But still catch myself too often complaining instead of practicing gratitude. 

Although, I think it does help to come here to whine/b*tch/vent in the first year of your quit.  Better to get it out here than at work or home.  At least it worked for me!