cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kelly16

Day 20

Today is day 20 on my quit journey. Tomorrow will mark three weeks without a cigarette. Three freaking weeks guys!!!! Saying that doesn’t sound real. I finished my starter kit of Chantix this weekend, and am now onto another round of 2mg/day. With each day brings a new process to relearn. Every single thing I used to “smoke to” I am replacing with something else. The thoughts still come and eventually, over time, they will lessen. At least this is my hope, as they have already lessened greatly since the start of this journey. My biggest takeaway so far is that I am stronger than I ever gave myself credit for. So far there has not been anything worth breaking my non-smoking streak. Sure, I’ve wanted to plenty of times, but my strength has overpowered the cravings/temptations. I’ve always considered myself strong-willed, but never in terms of quitting. Now I realize that I just didn’t want to. I truly feel that you have to do this when you are ready. Only then will you be able to dedicate all of your strength towards success.

Thanks for listening and your ongoing support.

7 Replies
AnnetteMM

That's wonderful! Celebrate every milestone!  You got this!

Go-You.png

YoungAtHeart

dZRz6ok.gif

elvan

Beautiful!  It really is an amazing bonus to quitting to find the people we are and always have been.  I have infinitely more confidence than I did when I smoked and I am so grateful for that.  Congratulations on your journey and on all that you have already learned...

so happy for you and so proud OF you.  You are already reaching out and helping others.

Ellen

0 Kudos

Congrats on 3 weeks!  You are doing great!! Keep it up!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 20 days.  The journey continues....Keep stacking those days. 

0 Kudos
SaraCorinne

Related image

0 Kudos
Strudel

Yay you!! Congrats on your great quit! 

0 Kudos