cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Here we go again...

It's been a really bad day.  I mean really bad.  I have been stomped on emotionally big time by my husband and oldest son since last night.  I have done nothing but cry with each kick. I feel bad for my youngest son.  He's an empath and has played middle man by his own accord.  I try to keep him out of everything but he will pick up on the emotions even if I'm outside.  I'm not a fighter. I don't yell or put anyone down. I don't lie, call anyone names or get physical. I may throw something but it's always my stuff and it purposely lands by my feet.  The latest kick in my emotions sent me flying out to the garage for some air. The garage was my old smoking room.  For a fraction of a second I thought about smoking. I think I still have that old pack in there somewhere. The rest of that second I had absolutely no interest in lighting up.  I didn't use the NOPE, the fact that I pledged, 'I don't do that anymore', or any of the mirriad of great tools I learned here to thwart off craves.  I just didn't have a craving for them. Not even a little. I felt more like I'd never smoked at all.

I know for a fact that I'll never be cured. There's no magic potion, no medicine, nor a genie in a bottle. I am an addict.  My drug of choice is nicotine in the form of lighting my face on fire because there is a cigarette on there somewhere. There will be times along the line where I might have a craving for one.  I will use any and every tool I learned here.  I'm dang sure I'm not leaving EX! If I may add my fake southern accent here, Y'all are kin to me. There's no need to comment on these ramblings of a crazy woman, but I'm not going to restrict comments either.

As always, thank you for listening. Luv you all!

Julie

15 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS JULIE STAYING QUIT NO MATTER WHAT AND GOOD JOB!

marciem

That's exactly how it gets done, Julie!!  One trigger, one argument, one happy event, one sad event, one misery at a time, called "daily living".  

CONGRATULATIONS!  You did good!!  Even going to your smoking-place and not smoking... that's awesome... pretty soon that ol' garage won't make you think of cigarettes at all!

You can officially now do ANYTHING~!!  I'm assuming your hubs and son are still breathing... if not, we won't tell  .

minihorses

Son and hubby are still alive and kicking.  My son and I made up quickly.  We told each other we were sorry and he gave me a big hug.  He has a huge heart.  Hubby, on the other hand came home from work and pretty much went straight to bed.  He had a rough day and was visibly exhausted.  I can't hold that against him.  Thank you for your support.

Julie

JACKIE1-25-15

I am very happy that you did not smoke.  If I remember correctly you have a lovely landscape that you can go to have your peace in the valley.  Look around there is so much for you to be thankful for even on a bad day because we all have them.  Breathing always got me through.  It has become my automaker stress relief for anything that happens.  The journey continues and yes we are here for you.  Ride or die friends here for the good the bad and the ugly.  Hang tough stay close never give up never give in protect your quit it is your own. Good job.

YoungAtHeart

Vent here anytime; we will always have your back and will never kick, yell or demean your feelings.

I am so happy to read you didn't even want to smoke.  You have come a long way, my friend!

Good for you!  You should be proud; I know I am.

Nancy

elvan

I am SO PROUD of you, Julie.  You DID it, now you know you CAN.  It really is one experience, one emotion at a time, there is no way to speed this up.  You are doing it and we are all here to hold you up in any way that we can.

Love,

Ellen

anaussiemom

tumblr_m3ps03H8iE1rvw4iko1_500.jpg

Mandolinrain

Sending hugs and love your way. I am so proud of your resolve to not smoke. Hugs and prayers your way

images-1.jpeg

Barbscloud

Glad you were able to get through without smoking.  These one's are tough to deal with.  The old "I'll show them".