cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML & In-betweener Check In 11/5/18 – Quititude - Calling Everyone for Input!!!

We have this discussion (almost) every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in NML, basically months 2-3-4 of a quit and for those who have not yet reached the 6% Club (1 year quit). Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us in NML.  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to the Daily Pledge! 

This week’s topic: Quititude!

What differences have you noticed since you became a non-smoker.  What are you grateful for?

My list goes on and on…I will post it in the comments.  I wrote a blog not too long ago about Quititude where I list some some of the positives since I have quit smoking.  My blog on Quititude:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/rollercoaster831/blog/2018/02/19/quititude 

Thomas wrote one as well /blogs/Thomas3.20.2010-blog/2014/02/19/quititude 

A blog from 2009:  /blogs/Tigs-blog/2009/01/23/quitting-is-great-because 

Try a search on the site for Quititude and you will find a lot of great information! 

Whether you are in or out of NML, please share your Moment with us in the comments. If you’re in NML right now, never fear! You will have this moment! You will laugh out loud! You will smile as you say “whoa, I’m out and didn’t even realize it!”

ENJOY the journey! 

Click here to read Larry’s story of how the Caravan Master came into being:  /blogs/oldbones-larry/2018/04/21/the-caravan 

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...  

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roller831

These are just a FEW of my reasons....

• Not having to go out in the freezing cold or rain to smoke. Not having to go out in the humid heat to smoke.
  • Flight delays in an airport; long airline flights - I don't need to worry about when I can have that next cigarette.
  • Hotel Rooms or Rental cars - Hoping I don't get caught for smoking in a rental car or room and not having to carry super air freshener to try to cover up the smoke smell.
  • Panicking when you don't see where you CAN smoke - I can find these so easily now just from the smell and then it makes me smile since I don't do that anymore!
  • Walking into a room knowing I don't stink like cigarette smoke (I may stink, but it isn't from smoke!)
  • Being able to move and being able to condition my lungs to do more and more daily!
  • Feeling a huge sense of accomplishment that I am a successful EX-smoker!
  • Not worrying about being a hypocrite for my kids; don't smoke....and used to sneak away to light up.  So stupid and stressful....not anymore!
  • Finding an amazing community full of people who get it.  When I need help, you are all there and understand.
0 Kudos