cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

Early Thanksgiving!

Well I had an early Thanksgiving lunch at my brother's house today.  He lives in the country in a beautiful area of the state.  I normally take the scenic route - less interstate and more country roads - when I go.  This time of the year it is very nice with the fall colors really starting to pop.  We had a nice visit and out of a group of 14 adults, I did not notice one smoker.  At least 4 Ex-smokers were in the group.    

The return trip was marred by an unfortunate minor accident.  A deer ran in front of my car, and there was no way to avoid hitting it.  It continued to run off into the woods.  My car has some damage but nothing too severe.  One headlight damaged and the front panel is popped out and slightly damaged.  I am really not sure if it will be enough to file a claim on my insurance.  It has been a very long time since I had a claim on my auto insurance, but I am sure that ever a little damage can really add up dollar wise.  And I absolutely will have to have a rental car while the repairs are being done.  It will certainly be an inconvenience anyway it goes.  

Smoking did not cross my mind through it all.  Smoking does nothing to help with anything that life throws your way!

15 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS AND GOOD JOB!

0 Kudos
Deena-A-Yenni

Hey Jennifer.  I could be mistaken but I haven't seen you blog in a while.  At any rate - Happy Holidays and I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Poor you; poor deer.

Glad you aren't smoking over it!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Sootie

Ahhhhh! Too bad such a lovely day had to have a kind of sad ending.....but, THANK GOODNESS you weren't hurt! Cars are replaceable------Jennifers are not!

0 Kudos
pir8fan

As Sootie said, glad that you are OK! You are indeed one of a kind, and not replaceable! Sounds like you had a great weekend, except for that!

I hope your week goes well and your repairs are simple!

HUGZ my friend!

0 Kudos
elvan

SO glad that you were not hurt.  The deer are beginning to run and hunting season either started or starts soon, makes me a nervous wreck.  We had a deer slam into the side of our minivan years ago when my son was a baby.  It did a horrible amount of damage to the car...the deer ran away but I am sure it was very badly injured.  Some insurance companies rent a car for you to use while repairs are being done.  Ours did after our neighbor smashed into our car when it was in our driveway.  The car wasn't new but it was totaled so we had no choice but to get a rental until we could find another car.

An early Thanksgiving sounds lovely and I am sure the leaves are starting to turn there too, I know they are here.  They went from no color to a BURST of color in a couple of days.

Hugs to you, stay safe.

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Glad you are okay.  It is wonderful when we can go somewhere and we are no longer "the smoker"  Happy Early Thanksgiving.  Thankful you were not hurt.  God Bless. 

DavesTime

Jennifer, I'm happy for your early Thanksgiving, and glad you are okay after your close encounter of the deer kind.  Here in Iowa it seems we have more deer than ever.  After living here for 27 years with no deer hits, I have hit 3 in the last year and a half--the last one, in August, caused $8,000 in damage!  I'm glad that the thought of smoking didn't come into your mind! 

"Smoking does nothing to help with anything that life throws your way!"  I needed to hear that this morning, thank you! 

Dave

54 DOF

Mandolinrain

I am just glad that YOU are okay. Im sorry that had to happen. I am glad your got to enjoy the dinner and without being around any smokers and even better....to not even have any desires. Its so great! xoxo