cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kelly16

Day 8- Trick or Treat?

Happy Halloween everyone.  Day 18 on Chantix, day 8 smoke free. I love Halloween. My husband and I have had a tradition over the last 6 or so years where we watch John Carpenter's Halloween, cook a frozen pizza, have a few beers, hand out candy and eat some ourselves- a wonderful evening. My mental urge to smoke this evening is strong. Chantix is doing a great job with the physicality of it all, but mentally- I really want a cigarette. I know it's a horrible idea, you do not need to tell me the million and one reasons why it's a horrible idea. I can assure you I know and have recited them all to myself in the last hour. And also rest assure that I am not going to smoke, my willpower is too strong. It really seems like a waste of time to crave it all night when I know I'm not going to give in. But I'm very early in my quit journey, so although I know it's a waste of time I'm still going to waste that time thinking about it, at least for a little while, which is what brought me to log in and write this post. It isn't a treat, far from it. It is a mental trick that I'm playing on myself. I will get through it, most likely with the help of far more bite-sized Kit-Kats than my waistline warrants. 
Thanks for listening. 

9 Replies
Giulia

Happy SMOKE FREE Halloween, Kelly.  Stick with the treats.  The demon can't trick you any more.  You know too much!

Image result for happy halloween

Bandguy

Thank you so much for sharing. I’m on day 4 and was having the same feelings myself. Glad to know I am not alone 

SaraCorinne

That's what's so cool about this site!  We have all either been there, are there or we're getting ready to be there!  Congratulations on 5 days of smoking freedom Bandguy‌!

SaraCorinne

You fought those cravings like a superhero!

GOOD JOB Kelly!

johnnyRingo5

You are doing great, Kelly.

That sounds like an awesome Halloween tradition.  A cigarette will only ruin it.  Keep the quit.

elvan

This will be the FIRST smoke free Halloween with many, many more to come!  Congratulations!

shashort

You did great getting through those cravings.  Just think of it as making new memories a non smoker. It will get better with time. Happy 1st Halloween as an ex smoker. Congratulations!! on day won!

Barbscloud

Congrats on your 8 days.  Part of my Halloween tradition would have included sitting on the porch smoking.  Didn't do that this year.  Another association with smoking gone forever.   More to come with the holidays!  Keep up the good work.

233 DOF

Daniela2016

It's been said here that it takes 2 sets of seasons to build the new associations during these seasons, associations which do not include smoking.

You did great, a handful of candies will not be a game changer on your weight, but they got you through a fragile moment.

Great job, and keep up the good work!