cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Worst Day Ever!

Ok, so I'm here to vent   Today has been the worst day since my quit.  Just when I thought I had it licked a day like today proves me wrong.  Don't worry, I didn't give in and will Never give in as I've come to far to do that.  I'm really having a bad one today and even though I've done all the exercises and coping skills that are at my disposal, the Urge has not gone away at all.  I've been dealing with this all day and it's still an issue. My anxiety level is through the roof, my mood is far from a good one and I'm having temper flair ups with everyone around me.

What the heck is going on?  I just want to go to bed and put an end to this day.

HELP!

28 Replies
TW517

I had several of those all day craves in the 90-110 day range.  And you're right, none of the tried and true methods of getting through a 3 minute crave worked.  I did just what you are doing.  I spouted off here, promised myself I was just going to live through this awfulness no matter how bad I felt, and did go to bed early.  Wish I could help other than merely commiserating with you.  It does eventually go away, but man it s**ks in the meantime.  You really have a great quit going! 

Ralph1955

It’s just awful and there’s really no one to call because my friends never smoked so they don’t understand  

TW517

Yep.  I had many friends who used to smoke, but I was the very last to quit.  All of them quit 15 or more years ago.  They were actually less supportive than my family and friends who had never smoked.

Ralph1955

Sigh    

you're still in no mans land Ralph.

Nancy had her worst day day 111

I had one of my worst day after I hit 100.

You just gotta realize it will get better.

I didn't have my epiphany until  day 128. and have never even considered smoking since that day.

Give it the time it takes.

Good days and bad.

maryfreecig

Thanks for sharing. It's good to hear that you are not going to smoke. Obeying the bottom line has saved many a quit. Hope you find your peace of mind ASAP.

YoungAtHeart

So - why are you still up?

Get thee to bed!

You did good - be happy AND proud of yourself for getting through it.

I promise there will not be many more of these in your future.

Sleep well.

Nancy

Ralph1955

Watching the Big Bang Theory for a distraction  

When this happened to me, I saw it as the addictions last hurrah, so to speak. I think we reach a point in our quits when we realize that what we're doing is real. That we don't ever intend to go back to smoking again and when that realization smacks the addictive part of the brain, it throws a giant temper tantrum. At least that's how I saw it. 

For me, it was indeed the phase that no man's land is all about. A time when my confidence in  my ability to stay quit shook just enough to get my attention. The wonderful thing is that by the time we reach no man's land, we know our tools work. We know HOW to quit and usually know that we intend to keep that quit. You sound much the same.

All I can say is that for me, I never had another day like that and you know what? Like I was, in the morning you're going to be proud of your achievement! And you're going to be grateful once again that YOU had the strength to take that first step and stick to it! Great job!! 

And congratulations on keeping that quit!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck