Kelly16

Day 6 -it is me or the Chantix?

Discussion created by Kelly16 on Oct 29, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2018 by Rick_M

Hello all, Happy Monday,

Today is Day 6 of being smoke-free. I have to say, the Chantix so far for me has been a miracle drug. All of my cravings are mental and not physical and so far I haven't really been close to falling into any sort of temptation. Now its relearning my life without cigarettes, which I think is the hardest part. I feel like I've ended a toxic relationship, which is great, but isn't exactly easy. I have moments where my mind distinctively says "I'll go have a smoke" and I have to remind myself that I am not doing that anymore. And I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I get a little sad for a few seconds after realizing that cigarettes aren't my "go-to"....I know it may sound a little weird but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  The relearning process will take a long time I'm sure, but I'm not sure how much of the physical ease of it all is the Chantix working or the nicotine being out of my system. I do have concerns that when I get off the Chantix that everything will be hard. I couldn't stand up to temptation before the Chantix, so who's to say I can after? 

Thoughts?

Outcomes