Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

What is It?

14 Replies
SaraCorinne

Whatever it is, it looks painful

it's a tool

elvan

I had the same reaction as SaraCorinne‌...OUCH.  I will have to revisit this tomorrow, I am so tired tonight that it is hard to stay upright.  Personally, I think staying upright is overrated.

Have a good rest. Heard nothing about site fall artist today. I hope shes doing ok.

elvan

I called when I got home from work and left a message, will call again before I go to sleep.

TW517

I see the words "Solder Monster" on the base.  But it doesn't look like any soldering gun I've ever seen.

Giulia

Well from the picture a) it doesn't look like a real picture of the item.  It looks more like an artist's rendition.  b) I see four (what I would call alligator clips), which indicate an electrical connection to SOMETHING.  c)  the black plug on the right also reminds of me of like a round 8 prong electrical connection of some type d)  the two orange connectors I've never seen before.  They are alien to me.  Though they look like some kind of suction cup tubing e)  what I find perhaps the most curious is the - what looks like - wooden dowel in the middle.  What the HECK does that do and how do the electrical connections affect it?  f) it's probably a fairly delicate tool as the electrical connections are low resistance.  

Good deductive reasoning? am I heading in the right direction?   I don't understand the white circle in the background unless it's part of the plug attached to the black (what I call 8 prong) connection.  It looks totally unrelated.  Could just be the perspective.  But then there are the two very small loops underneath the top shelf.  What are THEY for????  But it's the wooden dowel that fascinates me the most.  Enlarging the picture I'm thinking those small loops are actually eye hooks and there are four, not just two.  And that something would be placed in those eye hooks and then be drawn around the dowel which moves.  It's just gotta move.  It looks like a testing device more than a stand alone "doing" device if that makes any sense.  And that black round plug just reminds me of some computer automotive diagnostic thingy...   

I LOVE these posts of yours.  Because they get my brain focused.  And of course - THAT'S THE POINT - for those who are struggling with cravings.  You can jut say, "I don't know what the object is - just tell me - OR, you can try to figure it out. Take it as a challenge.   And when you do the latter, you get through your craving, because you've re-focused!  But then those who want the quick answer are like those who want the quick fix for this addiction.  If you don't spend the time necessary to figure it out, to really do the deep examining - you may be relegated to another Day One instead of a Day Won.

StewMac_Solder_Monster.jpg

indingrl

MARYJANE SMOKING BENCH? LOL-WITH BEADS TO COUNT WHILE HOLDING BREATH!