cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mikecity

Good morning all

Hi everyone,

Happy Thursday!!!!!!  Well we are on the down side of the week now!!!!!!  Yesterday’s AA meeting was a good time.  

Isn’t it great not to have thoughts of smoking all the time?   I know I’m much happier practicing mindfulness!!!!!   I try to meditate an hour every day mindfully!!!!!  It’s very refreshing and encouraging!!!!!   Stay with it!!!!!!  You can do it!!!!!!  Namaste  

N. O. P. E. 

7 Replies
Deena-A-Yenni

GM Mike.  Whelp.  My Sister has been here damn near a month and we didn't practice yoga not a once.  We are pathetic.  BUT.  We haven't given up.  Just like I didn't give up on my quit.  The stars will align once again and we will get things straightened out.  I'm glad we get to spend this time together. I think this is a good time.  Namaste.

SINAO

0 Kudos

Good morning Mike!

0 Kudos
minihorses

Good morning Mike! I'm wondering if you can recommend a yoga that doesn't involve having to kneel or put pressure on both knees since only one is fully usable. Thanks.

0 Kudos
mikecity

Hi,

I know at the YMCA they have chair yoga.  I tried it once.  We didn't have to get on the mat at all.  Everything was done seated.  If you put "chair yoga"  into your browser there may be videos of it. 

Have a good day.

JACKIE1-25-15

Good morning all.  So good to be here this morning.  Hope all is well.  It is a good day to be able to rise and breath fresh air.  No longer bound. 

elvan

Good afternoon, Mike.  I missed the morning again...hope you have a great Thursday.  I did planks in the pool over the summer but when I tried to do them on the floor yesterday, I couldn't do it.  I will have to see if I can adapt it somehow...I know they have chair yoga at the senior center in the next town over...will have to check into that.  In the meantime, it's the stationary bike one day and upper body the next.  Amazing how much better I feel after working out...seriously, getting the energy up to do it is not always easy but actually DOING it makes me feel MUCH better.

Namaste,

Ellen

MarilynH

Good afternoon Mike YAY and YAY again for Smokefree living and yay for each and every Day WON because life just keeps getting better and better without the crutch of cigarettes .....