cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kelly16

I guess I've started my quit....

Hello everyone. I'm on day 12 of Chantix. I haven't had a cigarette since Tuesday at 4:30pm, so I guess today is day 2 of being a non-smoker? Feels so foreign to say that. The Chantix is working so well with managing my cravings. It was hard to choose a quit date because I was so worried of failing and smoking after my quit date would be considered failing. I can be pretty hard on myself. But yesterday I just didn't "need" a cigarette. I wanted one on multiple occasions but was able to fend off the cravings. Today is day 2 and it feels similar to yesterday in terms of managing.  This afternoon will be 48 hours, and I'm excited to hit the 72 hour mark and get this nicotine out of my system. 

Thanks for listening.

Kelly 

19 Replies
DavesTime

Kelly, it does feel strange to call myself a non-smoker/former smoker. But I am--and so are you!!!  Keep close to the board and keep reading.  You are doing great!

Dave

43 DOF

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, you are doing a GREAT JOB!  Just keep going, one day at a time, one experience at a time, you will learn a whole lot about yourself...more than you can imagine.  This is a journey that is so worth taking.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Giulia

"Non smoker."  "I don't do that any more."   Keep saying it to yourself and it won't be foreign at all!  Glad you're having success with the Chantix!  Day two it is.  Keep aiming for the milestones.  

0 Kudos
SaraCorinne

Congratulations on Day 2!  I love the title of your blog!  I thought to myself, I wonder what she means.....I guess I've started my quit?  I think that's a GREAT way to quit smoking!  There is a BIG difference between a WANT and a NEED!  Way to get past those WANTS!  Chantix is doing wonders for me too, I love it!  Now I need a pill for my sweet tooth, lol!

240_F_80744003_rZo2MH97HsGXKKQ5bnQ1n58izI8npBbX.jpg

Barbscloud

Congrats on day 2.  I'm happy the Chantix is working for you.   Stay close; we're here for you

Barb

prjimm01

You are an EX!  Yay for you, welcome, congratulations and we love having you!!  Feel free to enjoy your new life and share it with us.

StacyS

You got this!  I'm only on Day 5. Some days the urges are more intense than others but as long as we've decided that we are non-smokers we can push through any urge! Stay Strong!

virgomama

Congrats on Day 2.  I was excited for that 72 hour mark too when I came off my patches.   I had some withdrawal symptoms, but all doable.  keep your QUIT KIT close by and you'll do fine.